It's new mower time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i dont know what mower you currently have, if its a flymo hover jobbie you can get spacers to lower the blade
51AuN71FbhL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Mrs stephec is insisting on a new lawn mower whilst I'd rather just get a new blade for our existing one, apparently it doesn't cut close enough though.

The brief is - she wants the lawn to look like it's had a No. 2 haircut, I don't want to spend any money.

What do I go for please?

I'm no lawn expert, but from cutting my parents lawn it was apparaent that a very mossy underskirt does prevent a shorter cut. It's also not just moss but old grass/roots. It creates a soft bed so the wheels sit up higher. A scarifyer might be worth a go?

Jameshow

Veteran
I had a Bosch rotary mower for a decade was a great mower. Need to find another one a my present Flymo my wife brought uff a freind is a pita.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Have a look on FB marketplace. There are quite a few reel mowers going for £20 - £30. I think because lots of people buy them but don't know how to sharpen the blades, or don't have the tools to do it, so flog them off when they get blunt. Might be worth a go if you google how to sharpen them. Back-lapping is the prescribed method, but I find it much easierto use a grinder and flap disc

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Have a look on FB marketplace. There are quite a few reel mowers going for £20 - £30. I think because lots of people buy them but don't know how to sharpen the blades, or don't have the tools to do it, so flog them off when they get blunt. Might be worth a go if you google how to sharpen them. Back-lapping is the prescribed method, but I find it much easierto use a grinder and flap disc

This happened in the end, a vgc Bosch manual cylinder jobbie for £20.

Top Bottom