It's not April 1st already is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
The appearance of a massive rat in a Stockholm family's kitchen has made headlines in Sweden, where it is being dubbed "Ratzilla".

Measuring 40cm (nearly 16in) plus tail, the creature terrified the family in Solna district.

Pest controllers finally killed the intruder using an oversized trap.

_73843033_c729ab7c-8d2f-48b0-b861-31c0cfc9d441.jpg

Despite regular media speculation, there appears to be little evidence of rats getting bigger in developed countries.

However, scientists do believe they could eventually grow into the size of sheep, Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, of the University of Leicester in the UK, recently told the BBC.

Funny, I lived in Solna for 10 years and my ex resembled a rat, 5' 7" and counting.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I remember many years ago, there were stories of giant rats in the sewers in London. Experts were calling them super rats, and if my memory is correct, they were worried these things were going to find they're way into people's homes.the story was short lived and nothing else was heard.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think you may be getting mixed up with an episode of the New Avengers called Gnaws.

No. Dont think so. It was about 30 years ago that the story appeared

Cyclopathic

Veteran
:cry: Could they not have just released it back into the wild?

From a Rat lover ^_^
We had a rat which we caught in a humane trap. I let it out on the park near the canal so it could find some chums and settle down. I have since found out that your not supposed to release vermin into the wild so what are you supposed to do with the rats you catch in humane traps? Personally I'll still just take them to the canal.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
How about DOOMWATCH, which was a kind of 1970s low budget English X files. There was one episode in that about super-intelligent rats. What that was doing clogging up my memory when I could be remembering useful things, I don't know.

Top Bottom