It's not Cycling-but.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
The Home Internationals may be coming back.Epic,titanic battles with the Scots.I am 57 and these games were the highlight of the time.Brilliant footballers the lads from over the border.We may even discover a new spirit for the England team.And finally for what it's worth my fav footballer of all time.The great Ron Springett goalkeeper.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ah, what with the other thread about dads etc, going to Wemberley to see Eng/N.Ire was one of my fave moments as a kid....George Best, Bobby Charlton, Alan Ball etc...

QuickDraw

postman said:
The Home Internationals may be coming back.Epic,titanic battles with the Scots.

Is it a coincidence that this is being raised now that the Scots are back on track?

If we can win in Paris, Wembley will present no problems - lock up your crossbars.

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:
Anyone remember George Best's disallowed goal when he nicked it almost out of Gordan Bank's hands?

I am too young to remember that one, but was sitting in the North Bank when Thiery Henry did the same thing to some unwitting goalie who I can't remember a few years ago. It was disallowed also.

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:
Is it a coincidence that this is being raised now that the Scots are back on track?

If we can win in Paris, Wembley will present no problems - lock up your crossbars.

This is the worst week in history to start bigging ourselves up!:blush:

Although we were victorious last time we played at Wembley of course:biggrin:

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
This is the worst week in history to start bigging ourselves up!:blush:

I know but I've been caught up with all the ridiculous hype about us beating Italy. Even usually sensible and pragmatic people like Roy Aitken are talking about us winning. I think our only real chance is if we can clone another 10 Craig Gordon's in time for Saturday....but we've beaten France twice so why not Italy? I can dream can't I?

Anyway losing to the World Champions will be no disgrace and is certainly no barrier to going to Wembley and getting a result. I mean with the likes of Davie Weir, Gary Caldwell and Graeme Murty how can we fail?

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
This is the worst week in history to start bigging ourselves up!;)

I know but I've been caught up with all the ridiculous hype about us beating Italy. Even usually sensible and pragmatic people like Roy Aitken are talking about us winning. I think our only real chance is if we can clone another 10 Craig Gordon's in time for Saturday....but we've beaten France twice so why not Italy? I can dream can't I?

Anyway losing to the World Champions will be no disgrace and is certainly no barrier to going to Wembley and getting a result. I mean with the likes of Davie Weir, Gary Caldwell and Graeme Murty how can we fail?

monnet

Guru
Scotland - definitely in with a chance. The Italians might be harder to beat than the French but Hampden, with that atmosphere, I wouldn't put it past you wily Jocks. And I hope you do win.

Home Internationals - Haven't they been 'possibly coming back' for, well, ever since they stopped. The only reason it'll happen is so that the FA can recoup some of the money they've spent on Wembley and Steve McClown.

monnet

Guru
Scotland - definitely in with a chance. The Italians might be harder to beat than the French but Hampden, with that atmosphere, I wouldn't put it past you wily Jocks. And I hope you do win.

Home Internationals - Haven't they been 'possibly coming back' for, well, ever since they stopped. The only reason it'll happen is so that the FA can recoup some of the money they've spent on Wembley and Steve McClown.

Tetedelacourse

QuickDraw said:

lol.

Talking of dreaming, my pal dreamt we won 1-0, a headed goal by Weir.

I, on the other hand, dreamt I was selling coconuts (the green sort) on a street corner in Buenos Aires.

Top Bottom