Its official, cycling tours are now fashionable...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
A report in Today's Herald say that cycle tours and holidays are now fashionable. Last summer brought a huge revival in cycling tours with some operators reporting bookings up 30%, it was revealed yesterday. And this year there have been even more people are taking to cycling holidays. So there you are, we are leaders in fashion :biggrin: xx(

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
From the Herald:
There are Scottish tours costing as much as £400 a week."

I think the market is even wider than that upper figure would suggest. There is an American company that puts on cycling tours to watch the TdF that charges USD10000 per week. They stay in private chateaux, have ex pros guide them, and I've seen them after the Alp d'Huez stage use their own helicopters to get back to their hotel without having to join the traffic mayhem with the rest of us.

I think it shows that cycling holidays can fit in with anyones 'lifestyle', and are not just be for people 'who can't afford a car' as is so often assumed in this country.

PS I know it's easy to knock these lifestyle cyclists, but I reckon they consider themselves to be the real thing. And it all must help: I'm sure as a result of their holiday, they insist their chauffears treat cyclists with more respect.

asterix

Comrade Member
Tim Bennet. said:
From the Herald:

I think the market is even wider than that upper figure would suggest. There is an American company that puts on cycling tours to watch the TdF that charges USD10000 per week.

It seems quite reasonable that an American company would have a 'wider' market.

xilios

Veteran
Tim Bennet. said:
From the Herald:
There is an American company that puts on cycling tours to watch the TdF that charges USD10000 per week.

$10000 a week? That would pay for several months of touring in Oz for us, we wish we had that much to spend on a tour.

Top Bottom