1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's started!

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by wallabyhunter, 30 Jun 2008.

1. wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Got to the UK last week, picked up the cheviot from Paul Hewitts :angry: & have spent some time riding round the back lanes of Lancs. It's amazing how different the roads seem from a few years ago, when I was driving the roads, not cycling.
    The bikes going well no probs, the frame felt a bit long first time on, but got used to it now & it allows me to stretch out when I'm tiring.
    Keep smiling
    gb

2. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I know those lanes very well ! - Nice part of the world, check out over towards Mawdesley !

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

welcome to the uK mate...!

4. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

You knew exactly where to start your trip, didn't you! I dream of a trip to Paul Hewitt's...

5. wallabyhunter

wallabyhunter New Member

Yenners a mind reader, todays ride was Lostock,> Leyland> Eccelston> Parbold (missed the hill!)> Burscough> Croston> Leyland! Didn't get to Mawdsley tho.

Thanks bfb

Certaily did Cathryn, I looked long & hard b4 parting witht he readies, worked out extra well, cause the $ is better now than when I ordered it!