Its starting to get a bit......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robsa

Über Member
14936357929651798967849.jpg
1493635842153454451317.jpg
1493635934431-1071962386.jpg
1493636077816-458963500.jpg

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Went carbooting looking for parts and tools and ended up paying a fiver for this little thing. So thats 6 bikes in the garage. Hmmmm

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Went carbooting looking for parts and tools and ended up paying a fiver for this little thing. So thats 6 bikes in the garage. Hmmmm
That is a bargain for a fiver! Well done .

Just needs a rear rack.

If you're on FB there's a very active Twenty/Stowaway FB group.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Drago. I have another 3 in my mothers outhouse! :whistle:
The stowaway has cleaned up quite nicely. Was a bit sheddy when i got it. But.
Its got a twist grip changer and its doing my turnip. If i adjust the toggle to get 3rd gear it wont select 1st. If i adjust it to get third without being neutral it wont twist round to 1st. Bloody thing.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
I haggled him down from a tenner. The date on the hub is 74. Everything original even down to the cracked raleigh record whitewall tyres.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Drago. I have another 3 in my mothers outhouse! :whistle:
The stowaway has cleaned up quite nicely. Was a bit sheddy when i got it. But.
Its got a twist grip changer and its doing my turnip. If i adjust the toggle to get 3rd gear it wont select 1st. If i adjust it to get third without being neutral it wont twist round to 1st. Bloody thing.

Aye they're dark art are SA gears took me ages to get mine right.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I haggled him down from a tenner. The date on the hub is 74. Everything original even down to the cracked raleigh record whitewall tyres.

Down from a tenner.... you robbed the bloke.

Not as early as I thought, you can still get those Raleigh tyres.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Aye they're dark art are SA gears took me ages to get mine right.
Ive got a 1947 rudge roadster the gears on that was a piece of cake to adjust once id washed it out with white spirits then topped it up with atf.
Ive just filled this with spirits cause its gunky as. When i unscrewed the toggle it was thick brown like treacle.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Ive got a 1947 rudge roadster the gears on that was a piece of cake to adjust once id washed it out with white spirits then topped it up with atf.
Ive just filled this with spirits cause its gunky as. When i unscrewed the toggle it was thick brown like treacle.
Well, it is over 40 years old.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Really? They was ten a penny when i was a kid. You used to see the local soft lads trying to stunt them in the woods

Top Bottom