1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's tipping down

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by alecstilleyedye, 28 Mar 2008.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

and i'm on the bike with no guards and brake blocks that have seen better days :blush:

looks like i'll have a soggy sack and a wet bum :thumbsdown:

2. Maz

Maz Guru

Good luck, sir.
    I'm on the bus...yesterday it was 30min late and it's a 2-hourly service. :blush:

3. Its finally stopped raining here, its sunshine now but sod's law by the time I go home it'll be pi$$ing down again.

4. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

awful day's weather her but it's cleared now, blue skies but what sounds like a hell of a wind

I do have mudguards and just about adequate brakes

the new condor fratello is due to be ready today, no call though

:blush:

5. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Och, it just a few light showers :biggrin:

6. On cue the minute I put on the helmet it came on heavy but by the time I got downstairs to the bike it was off again and look like its a nice night now,if a little blowy;)

7. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

nice evening here with a strong if blustery good wind, loads of primary going really rather fast, spinning in the gears usually saved for big downhills

nice

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Glad I'm off work today -lashing it down 10 miles up the road from alecstilleyedye

9. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Got a bit damp this morning on the way in, but there were none of the 20+ mph winds forecast on Metcheck. Very light breeze only.

Managed to leave work just after 4 and get home whilst the sun was still out, though by the state of the roads / paths, I'd just missed a downpour.

Still, mustn't grumble. I think I've only had one soaking this year so far (touch wood). Long may that continue.

10. Plax

Plax Veteran

Well it is hailing here now. Took the car in this morning as I was too lazy to get up early enough and it was blowing a gale and raining. Glad really as by the time I managed to get home it was peeing it down again and I'd have got a good soaking.

11. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

It was interesting riding in this morning. Hardly had to pedal as the wind was so strong. Was sooooo tempted to drive but was glad I didn't as the weather for the ride home was great.

12. OP
    OP
    alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

the rain had stopped as a stepped out of the building to ride home. unfortunately, i got wet feet from the sodden grass. bugger.

13. I got soaked yet again and I filmed the hazardous conditions.

Going to film my commutes next week as im on 9ams.:becool: