ITT stage 19 **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
"Contador leading now by only 2 single seconds..."

As opposed to double seconds, triple seconds...

They do talk some carp on that ITV4 commentary!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Bert looks fine - I reckon he'll finish hard and that Schleck has started too hard

six second gap revised down to 2...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
You're going to have to hope that, cos as expected, Bert's pulling out a lead now...

Yayyy Bertie!!!!!
thumbsup.png

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Contador wins by enough time to suggest the chain issue wouldn't have mattered - not that that will stop the indignant types from claiming 'we wuz robbed'!!!!

Well done Bertie, you deserve it!

Genman

Contador wins by enough time to suggest the chain issue wouldn't have mattered - not that that will stop the indignant types from claiming 'we wuz robbed'!!!!

I agree.
You won't get those two muppets on ITV4 admitting that though. Still prattling on about the 'mechanical'
Does Sherwen ever stop talking?

aJohnson

It says Contador is now 39seconds over Andy Schleck overall. That means today he gained 31seconds, if Contador didn't gain the seconds when Andy had a problem then it would be a draw after today. Andy Schleck was leading by 31seconds when he had a problem.

Not that I'm complaining though :smile:

He won by 39 secs, the chain coming off cost Schleck 39 secs, how that not an issue :wacko: plus if Schleck had been in yellow he might have been inspired to go a few seconds faster.

Yep, Schleck was ahead by 31 seconds before the 'mechanical' stage, today's result would have made them even. With it that close who knows what might have happened today.

chevin

I agree.
You won't get those two muppets on ITV4 admitting that though. Still prattling on about the 'mechanical'
Does Sherwen ever stop talking?
Well that is his job!
Whatever one's views on the rights and wrongs - it has after all made the big difference on this tour. Not least because, without it, we would probably be having the closest TdF finish ever. You need some luck sometimes, and boy did Contador get lucky!

Top Bottom