ITT stage 19 **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

So, is it gonna decide the destiny of the yellow jersey this year?

Will Andy Schleck have learned how to time trial?
Is Contador going to take enough time on him?
Is there anyone else likely to spring a surprise and put in a late challenge?
Will Wiggins put in a good show?
Will Cancellara have enough batteries left or wil he have wasted them all on his iPod?

If Schleck can get ahead in tomorrows stage I think he'll spring a surprise in the TT and will only be seconds away from Contador.

I can't see any surprise challengers, Sanchez and Menchov are outsiders but I can't see either and certainly not both of Astana and Saxo Bank letting them break away in the Pyranees and they couldn't pull back 2 mins in the TT on both Contador and Schleck.

I like to Wiggins do something but I can't really see past Cancellara in TT even if he's slightly worn out from the mountains.

mangaman

So, is it gonna decide the destiny of the yellow jersey this year?

Will Andy Schleck have learned how to time trial? No
Is Contador going to take enough time on him? Yes
Is there anyone else likely to spring a surprise and put in a late challenge? Menchov is the only possibility
Will Wiggins put in a good show? No
Will Cancellara have enough batteries left or wil he have wasted them all on his iPod? No - Armstrong may do OK

My opinions Noodley

All day I've been thinking it's Tuesday, which was wrong, as I discovered when I walked into the automatic library doors that didn't open and it's not it's Saturday. Don't know why the library was shut then.

I fancy Schleck to snap the elastic tomorrow, Contador to have a mechanical Saturday and then cook before the end and L.L.Sanchez to win but Menchov to pull a stunner and end up 2nd on the podium - how's that?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If Schleck doesn't take any time today then his motivation in the ITT will be a lot less and he'll lose minutes on that anyway. The real questionis still whether Andy can get enough time from Bertie today and the answer is no, IMO. Menchov and Sanchez are red herrings as far as the GC is concerned.
Wiggins is talking about not competing hard today and saving himself for a stage win in the ITT but he's deluding himself.

Of course, I may be wrong!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If Schleck doesn't take any time today then his motivation in the ITT will be a lot less and he'll lose minutes on that anyway. The real questionis still whether Andy can get enough time from Bertie today and the answer is no, IMO. Menchov and Sanchez are red herrings as far as the GC is concerned.
Wiggins is talking about not competing hard today and saving himself for a stage win in the ITT but he's deluding himself.

Of course, I may be wrong!

I rec that's a fair take on it, Rich.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I reckon that after Tuesday, Saxo Bank are going to throw everything they have at the Tourmalet. I'm not sure Astana have the team to answer that although if Vino could be persuaded to help Contador rather than just power off the front it might help.

Schleck hopefully to put in a couple of minutes (it would be good if there was opportunity for a "Look"). He may have to burn out Cancellara though which could help Wiggins.

So, is it gonna decide the destiny of the yellow jersey this year? No; Yellow will be decided today!!

Will Wiggins put in a good show? Highly unlikely; G Thomas could go faster.

Will Cancellara have enough batteries left or wil he have wasted them all on his iPod? Naughty Noodles, what are you suggesting?!!

raindog

er.....
Yep, today's the biggy - make or break for Andy. And I reckon Berto will be wanting more of a cushion than 8 seconds.

EDIT
shoot - I thought this was today's stage thread - WTF?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
All day I've been thinking it's Tuesday, which was wrong, as I discovered when I walked into the automatic library doors that didn't open and it's not it's Saturday. Don't know why the library was shut then.

I fancy Schleck to snap the elastic tomorrow, Contador to have a mechanical Saturday and then cook before the end and L.L.Sanchez to win but Menchov to pull a stunner and end up 2nd on the podium - how's that?

I hope you are right about Luis Leon Sanchez, but I think you mean Samuel Sanchez.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You meant L L Sanchez to win the stage then. I thought you meant the Tour. I have a small bet on L L Sanchez which could win me lots of dough!

I think L L Sanchex should have been in the breakaway today!

Top Bottom