ITV stoking animosity between road users...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Anyone seen the researcher in question either on this site or any other cycling site yet?

I wouldn't hold your breath...

CotterPin

At some point the programme will get broadcast, and it will be exactly as dell suggests, except I would argue that the presenter does little more than back up the view against cyclists, and the cycling representative will get treated as an outsider and in a slightly patronising manner from all else present

sheddy

Legendary Member
Would it be this one ? - London Tonight Fri 13 Nov 8pm ITV1 London region

On the UK's roads the car is king, but with thousands of collisions between cars and bicycles each year, is it time cyclists were better protected? Fiona Foster reports on calls for new safety measures, including a controversial idea to make motorists' insurers automatically responsible for a smash, regardless of who is to blame.

sheddy said:
Would it be this one ? - London Tonight Fri 13 Nov 8pm ITV1 London region

On the UK's roads the car is king, but with thousands of collisions between cars and bicycles each year, is it time cyclists were better protected? Fiona Foster reports on calls for new safety measures, including a controversial idea to make motorists' insurers automatically responsible for a smash, regardless of who is to blame.

Just looking what's on Anglia at that time....

Drivers in the Dock : Tonight.
'With thousands of collisions involving cars and bicycles each year, is it time cyclists were better protected? Fiona Foster reports on calls for new safety measures.'

They left out the controversial bit!! :blush:

BigSteev

Amusing thread though. Liked this bit
"golfman" said:
As I said, drivers, cyclists and people in general tend to be moronic. I am an exception

Indeed, he is exceptionally moronic.

al78

Guru
4F said:
Golfman is certainly a bit of a wag. I thought this post was priceless ;)

RebH. Cyclists have killed people on pavements, though as a cyclist, I never go on the road. But then I go slow enough that I stop and let oncoming walkers pass by. If all cyclists did this then there would be no problem. Trouble is, just like drivers and people in general, very many cyclists are morons. I personally feel that all cyclists should have a combined licence and insurance - say 10p per day, £36.50 a year. If I had my way cyclists wouldn't be allowed on the road as they're just a menace, and hardly any of them use perfectly good cycleways.

I always worry when I see things like this, you never know if there are enough idiots like this to start influencing the decision makers.

Top Bottom