ITV stoking animosity between road users...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I was quite entertained to see she was slapped down so rapidly and comprehensively

Pages 2 and 3 went off a bit, but there's always one

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Golfman is certainly a bit of a wag. I thought this post was priceless ;)

RebH. Cyclists have killed people on pavements, though as a cyclist, I never go on the road. But then I go slow enough that I stop and let oncoming walkers pass by. If all cyclists did this then there would be no problem. Trouble is, just like drivers and people in general, very many cyclists are morons. I personally feel that all cyclists should have a combined licence and insurance - say 10p per day, £36.50 a year. If I had my way cyclists wouldn't be allowed on the road as they're just a menace, and hardly any of them use perfectly good cycleways.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
haha golfman certainly is a noob, he starts talking about how cyclists don't contribute to the roads so they shouldn't be on them...

If i didn't pay my council tax then i would agree.

Cab

Be nice, I've just phoned her and invited her to join us on this forum to ask questions. Hopefully we can get a more considered view across.

thomas

the tank engine
I just wish paragraphs worked on their forum. Nice to see the balance on a car forum though :girl:

purplepolly

Very strange - she claims to be also looking for cyclists who've ben involved in incidents, yet googling her phone number, email and 'cyclist motorist itv' produce no relevant results. Has anyone seen anything on another forum?

Cab

purplepolly said:
Very strange - she claims to be also looking for cyclists who've ben involved in incidents, yet googling her phone number, email and 'cyclist motorist itv' produce no relevant results. Has anyone seen anything on another forum?

No. But as I say, I telephoned her, we talked for a little while, and I invited her here. She seemed keen to get the angle from cyclists but, in my opinion, didn't seem well informed.

The acid test will be whether she turns up here (or elsewhere) looking for the cycling angle.

Jonathan M

I can't see ITV producing a well balanced programme on this. They need to attract the advertising and viewers in, so it will be an expose on how badly the cyclists of the UK ride, and how we contribute to deaths on the pavement.

Sadly there will be enough examples of bad riding available in any of the major cities (RLJ'ing etc) to illustrate how awful we all are.

Anyone on good enough terms with a cycling personality to get them to contact and put a personable face across?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
these shows work to a formula. They need a person who will fulminate at cyclists. They'll find a person who will speak for cyclists in a more or less rational way. Then there will be fulmination and reason interspersed with bits of interpretation by the presenter which will appeal to the more neurotic listener. Long words won't do, and coherent sentences will be at a premium.

jonesy

Guru
dellzeqq said:
these shows work to a formula. They need a person who will fulminate at cyclists. They'll find a person who will speak for cyclists in a more or less rational way. Then there will be fulmination and reason interspersed with bits of interpretation by the presenter which will appeal to the more neurotic listener. Long words won't do, and coherent sentences will be at a premium.

Indeed, the 'fallacy of false compromise'; just how the climate change 'debate' is presented in the media...

Top Bottom