itv "tonight"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
some poor woman on itv has been told when she has her baby it will be taken away... because of some problem she had about 10 years ago.

Social Services are feckwits!

Brock

'Some problem'? Did she kill all her other children?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
no, she had a physical problem which they thought she was making up because of a psychological disorder. never proved. a few years later she had a tube fitted in her throat to breath through because she has a throat disorder, which she says is part of the problem which they never uncovered before. but the fact that they believed she was a hypochondriac or something means they reckon she's mental and so is going to harm her baby.

another woman on there was in a violent marriage and had depression after because she found it hard to cope with. years later, when she was better, she fell pregnant and they took her baby away too.

Basically, if you are depressed don't go to the doctors because it could come back and bite you in the arse later on in life.

meanwhile, the heroin addicts, who are STILL addicts although now addicted to methodone, are allowed to keep theirs after being OFFERED fertility treatment, even tho others are turned down because they smoke or are overweight.

Chris James

Über Member
Mmm, when I saw the same programme I picked up on the fact that the woman had a history of self harm. I think the programme was a total pile of turd as they had virtually no input from the social services instead had saint like women who mysteriously had been ganged up on by the police, social sevrices and the judiciary to snatch their child. It might have been interesting if they had actually presented a balanced programme.

Presumably when the self harming woman killed her first born then the social services would be the first to be criticised.

Chris James

Über Member
By the way, I know several women who have had post natal depression but not had their kids taken away so the point they tried to make about talking to a doc being a bad idea seemed far fetched to me.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Sorry, i did miss what the physical problem was so yea i may have been talking out of my arse. but i can relate to the woman who was in a violent marriage. the point is, you can't punish someone for what they did in their teen years or if they've suffered depression because of a violent act. it's not right or fair. and to tell a woman to turn up at a hearing 3 days after giving birth having not been able to prepare a case is ludicrous! and self harming is exactly what it says on the tin. SELF harming

anyway, social services had their chance to say something and they didn't say much.

gbb

Legendary Member
Without knowing the actual details of this case..(which is dangerous.. it leaves you vulnerable to being shot down..:sad: )...it makes me sick.

The amount of parents ive seen in the last 30 years, who i wouldnt leave my dog with, let alone let them raise children...it astounds me you can make NO effort whatsoever, yet the State will close its eyes when it suits it.

These are people who are actively rearing their children in a most god awful way, who dont give a monkeys fcuk what happens to them...and they get away with it.
If...this is her first child, or she has never harmed any previous children....what possible reason can there be for SS to take them.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's pretty heart breaking isn't it. I do sympathise with social services, I feel they almost can't win...but from what we saw tonight (admittedly one sided cases) it felt a bit harsh.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
gbb said:
Without knowing the actual details of this case..(which is dangerous.. it leaves you vulnerable to being shot down..:sad: )...it makes me sick.

The amount of parents ive seen in the last 30 years, who i wouldnt leave my dog with, let alone let them raise children...it astounds me you can make NO effort whatsoever, yet the State will close its eyes when it suits it.

These are people who are actively rearing their children in a most god awful way, who dont give a monkeys fcuk what happens to them...and they get away with it.
If...this is her first child, or she has never harmed any previous children....what possible reason can there be for SS to take them.

Exactly! that was the whole point of the programme. and bless the heroin addicts, even they were doing a good job, which proves everyone should be given a chance.

Noodley

buggi said:
some poor woman on itv has been told when she has her baby it will be taken away... because of some problem she had about 10 years ago.

Social Services are feckwits!

get you over to soapbox now...

there's an awful lot of people who know what's best for other people. Some of them become planning officers. Others go into child protection. Whatever the merits of the individual cases, the fact is that a lot of kids grow up in circumstances that are far from ideal - and it ill behoves officialdom to decide that a person cannot become a parent because they don't think that they're sufficiently middle class, or can't spell.

The real downside is that social workers frequently place kids in greater jeopardy than they were in with their natural parent or parents.

Noodley

simon l& and a half said:
there's an awful lot of people who know what's best for other people. Some of them become planning officers. Others go into child protection. Whatever the merits of the individual cases, the fact is that a lot of kids grow up in circumstances that are far from ideal - and it ill behoves officialdom to decide that a person cannot become a parent because they don't think that they're sufficiently middle class, or can't spell.

The real downside is that social workers frequently place kids in greater jeopardy than they were in with their natural parent or parents.

and get you over to soapbox as well...:sad:

Noodley

buggi said:
oops. maybe i should have put it in soapbox. didn't realise it would be so heated!

You start with an OP which was not really too accurate, given later comments, and then finish was "social services are feckwits" and didn't think it would be so heated?

You don't have any kids that require taken away from you, do you? :sad:

Look now Buggi, you've sucked the soapboxers over from the normal carcasses they circle over. It's all gonna end badly...... you'll be driven from the thread as it's ripped to bits, digested and regurgitated....

.....we're doomed, we're all doomed...............

Top Bottom