I've bought one of these.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2005/2006 that a fella had bought to get fit:ohmy:, after a couple of attempts the bike resigned to the garden shed......................until yesterday anyway:laugh:

http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k5bikes/2k5_kikapu.php

I paid £410 for the bike and a rifle scope that I was after. Entry level I know and I had intended to get a higher spec. bike, but even "as is" it will be more than capable for bombing about in the forest with the family.
A couple of marks here and there on the frame, some pitting on the suspension fork pistons and a tiny rip in the seat where it had been "leaned" on summat is all that I can find wrong.
I am going to use it as it is for now with the intention of upgrading the front and rear suspension if I feel the need to.

Al;)

Jane Smart

The Queen
That is very nice, well done and much better being used than in a garden shed :smile:

Enjoy it :biggrin:

02GF74

Über Member
rear air shock? you got the pump for that?

pitting on front fork stanchions is not good news - if the seals run over them, they will wear and subsequently leak oil or air. I doubt they are replaceble.

You can fill them in with filler or epoxy to keep going but that is a bodge.

see how it goes - you probably still get a fair amount of use before the forks give up

OP
OP
mad al

mad al

02GF74 said:
rear air shock? you got the pump for that?

pitting on front fork stanchions is not good news - if the seals run over them, they will wear and subsequently leak oil or air. I doubt they are replaceble.

You can fill them in with filler or epoxy to keep going but that is a bodge.

see how it goes - you probably still get a fair amount of use before the forks give up

Yes I'll probably replace all the suspension in time to be honest, but nothing to loose by using it as it is.
I think I prefer spring/oil to air though so I'll see how it goes ;)

Top Bottom