I've bought one! Oh yeah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fudgepanda

Found a new bike, put down a deposit and sent off the on-line application to the cycleschemethingy people so just got to wait for that to arrive.

http://www.bianchi.com/Global/Bikes/Bikes_Detail.aspx?ProductIDMaster=860

I've also gone for a helmet (Bontrager something or other) a set of mudguards and a bl**dy great big Abus lock. The good folks at Bicycle Doctor in Manchester have said that if I want to go down there in the meantime and run my hands over the frame and lick the saddle (in a non-sexual way of course) then I'd be more than welcome. I must remember that Sec5 of the Public Order Act forbids behaviour that causes Alarm, Harrassment and Distress so will have to keep things under control.....a bit.

I'll slowly add to the required kit levesl by buying gloves, jersey, jacket, pump etc. I've had two specific converstions with Mrs. F. today. In the first she asked me how much it cost. The conversation went as follows:

Mrs. F: "How much was it then?"
Me : "You remember those bikes we saw in the supermarket the other week?"
Mrs. F: "£100 isn't that bad."
Me : "Er...."

What I was about to say was something along the lines of: "You remember those bikes we saw in the supermarket the other day? Well about 7 times as much." Thankfully I managed to hold my tongue, which in fairness is unusual for me.

The second conversation was when she saw me buy the latest copy of Cycling Active which just happened to have a comparison test including a Bianchi Camaleonte 3.

Mrs. F: "Does this mean we're going to have a house full of cycling magazines now instead of all the car, motorbike, guitar and boat magazines?"
Me : "Of course not."

I didn't have the heart to tell her that we'd have a house full of bike magazines AS WELL as all the car, motorbike, guitar and boat magazines!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
oh dear you will get caught

Top Bottom