I've changed my mind about helmet threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corshamjim

Personally I find helmet cam threads are worse...

... both kinds:-

Type a. "I got left hooked so I need a helmet cam."

Type b. "Look at this on youtube now - you'll be really outraged."

In fact if helmets were banned there would be nowhere to mount a helmet cam.

That's it! I'm converted! Ban all helmets now! :angry:

In fact if helmets were banned there would be nowhere to mount a helmet cam.

That's it! I'm converted! Ban all helmets now! :angry:

Sorry - you don't need a helmet !

headband_250x.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
A helmet thread that has gone off topic before the end of Page 1. Things just ain't what they used to be.:sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
Right, back on topic, I put my helmet on when going to the shops and I decided to use the cyclepath provided by the local council. I heeadbutted the windscreen of a delivery van which was parked on the cyclepath. If I hadn't worn my helmet, I could've been hurt. I then carried on my way along the cyclpath until my front wheel dropped into a drain which was installed with slats in line with the cyclepath and went over the bars again. If I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I could've been hurt. I then proceeded on my way along the cyclepath until I hit a bus stop sign which was in the middle of the cycle lane. If I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I could've been hurt. I then proceeded on my way along the cyclepath until I hit a roadworks sign and over the bars again. Again, lucky I had my now rather battered helmet on. The cyclepath merged with the normal road just at a busy junction and I got knocked down by a car. Lucky I was wearing my helmet. When I eventually reached the shop, I tripped on the pavement out side and fell through the shop window. Thankfully, I hadn't removed my helmet. My helmet was now in bits so I had to buy a new one before cycling home.

So, based on experience, I think a helmet is essential for such a dangerous activity as riding on a "safe" cycle path. I write this from my hospital bed after standing on a bar of wet soap while getting out of the bath and smashing my head up against the bathroom sink. Never again will I take a bath without wearing a helmet. Lesson learned!

JohnHenry

Loose member.
Most important thing is to discuss if helmet threads save lives. How many of you would not be here today if not for a Helmet Thread?

Excellent point - however if you pull a Helmet Thread

a) It can be very painful or
b) The whole thing unravels and becomes useless.

Davidc

Guru
You use it for filming being given head.

Or giving head :smile:

I think you're both being unnecessarily rude. It's just typical of these helmet threads to find posts full of double entendre and innuendo. It won't do.

I'm going to flounce off and put a post on a French cycling forum I also inhabit. It'll be a serious and solemn item about the need to put un protectif sur la tête quand on est sur son vélo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom