i've fitted a stereo to my bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bonj old sport, compliments on the phone - I have the same, though on O2, what have you used to strap it there?

The speaker is pretty loud, but how well can you hear it on the bike?

And I thought you had a roadbike and an mtb, or is it a flatbar roadbike not a third bike?

Bonj

http://www.bikeology.net/

and just give it a rest...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
bonj old sport, compliments on the phone - I have the same, though on O2, what have you used to strap it there?

The speaker is pretty loud, but how well can you hear it on the bike?

And I thought you had a roadbike and an mtb, or is it a flatbar roadbike not a third bike?

to attach it to the stem I have used one of the straps that came with my BLT firewire 4.0 light, that are intended to strap the 'stick' battery pack to the frame, but I found it fit a lot neater in a pump bracket so I have butchered the holder that came with it slightly in order to make a phone holder. Basically it is just a block of rubber with concave curved bits on either side and velcro straps running through the middle, I basically pulled the straps out, chopped the curved bits off with a bread knife and then fed the straps through again. Requires a bit of inner tube to pad the phone otherwise it is too slim for the velcro to grip, but otherwise perfect.

When it's in my pocket, you can hear it slightly when going really slowly but anything above about 15mph and the wind noise more or less blocks the sound out. But hopefully I'll be able to hear it better there, hence my reason for doing it.

And yes I have got only 2 bikes, an MTB (which you can see the front tyre of in the pic) and a road bike, which is the one you see the phone attached to. My road bike has got flat bars, thus making it a flatbar road bike. :blush:

Top Bottom