I've got shingles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have never had shingles, but I have heard it is very painful. I hope you get well soon. :hugs:

Venod

Eh up
The wife had them last year, then I got them we didn't suffer apart from the rash, but the wife's uncle had them and he was really poorly he looked terrible, he's OK now thou, It seems to affect some people worse than others.

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi Schmilliemoo

Shingles is horrid and worse when you are no longer a child (yeah cyberknight!) - my advice would be to make sure you get well before you go back to work and your usual level of exercise. It can hang about and cause long-term pain if you don't let yourself rest enough. Bit like all viruses really.

Good news is that you will get completely better and stop feeling awful! But give it time. GWS!

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
You have my sympathy, I had them many years ago when I was 27 & felt so bad I even called the doctor out.

On the plus side I lost a fair bit of weight but the negative of that was my suit didn't fit me when I got married 2 months later!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Shingles can be horrid but equally you can get a mild-ish infection. I managed to get to my GP at the first hint - I saw a line of spots radiating from my spine to my chest and got some antiviral medication prescribed. I was uncomfortable with pain for a few days from any contact with the lines of spots thankfully they didn't blister and escalate the pain. I did however suffer from a persistant itch for six or seven months which would have been enjoyable in small doses - you know that sort of itch which is very satisfying to scratch - but to have it nearly continuously was infuriating. My GP offered to prescribe some medication but it would have rendered me insensible so I put up with the itch.

I sort of miss it now.

OP
OP
Schmilliemoo

Schmilliemoo

Wax on, wax off...
Aw thanks you lot. As you can see I'm being brave and barely mentioning it at all.
I thought I had the flu til I got the blisters. I went back to work last week not realising what was going on. I reckon I've had it about four weeks. Worst of all, I've not felt up to riding my new bike yet. Grrr!
Thanks for the good wishes :smile:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I had it in the mid eighties and was off work for two weeks because of it. It is not pleasant and need proper treatment. Good luck and wish you a quick recovery.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Aw thanks you lot. As you can see I'm being brave and barely mentioning it at all.
I thought I had the flu til I got the blisters. I went back to work last week not realising what was going on. I reckon I've had it about four weeks. Worst of all, I've not felt up to riding my new bike yet. Grrr!
Thanks for the good wishes :smile:

:laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had shingles when i was on holiday in Mexico, it can be induced by sunlight.
Mine wasnt too bad, it was on my back and chest. Some people get it on their face and groin which can be awful.

gavgav

Guru
Yep been there as well! Very painful for a few days, felt like someone stabbing me with a knife. Had very sensitive skin for about 12 months afterwards where it had been

Top Bottom