I've got the horn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
But it's not good enough!

I've got an AirZound, the problem is that once you have unleashed a good long blast or two at the first muppet you come across, it is more or less depleted.

I want to upgrade to something that makes the same noise at the same volume level, 115dB, and yet never needs to be manually pumped up.

What are the options? I have a Schmidt dynohub with an output of 6V/3W that could well come in handy.

domtyler said:

I've got an AirZound, the problem is that once you have unleashed a good long blast or two at the first muppet you come across, it is more or less depleted.

I want to upgrade to something that makes the same noise at the same volume level, 115dB, and yet never needs to be manually pumped up.

What are the options? I have a Schmidt dynohub with an output of 6V/3W that could well come in handy.

Hmmm, will this not power an extendible cattle prod, probably not I guess.

Only ever heard of the AirZound I'm afraid.

Taser?

Yesterdays chips chucked on the windscreen normally brings them shuddering to a halt too.

Doesn't Terminator have a battery box and two bike horns on his bike. Your dynohub might charge the battery. Check his sig line.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:

a) learn to use the short blast more effectively?
:biggrin: get a bigger bottle?
c) carry a car battery in your pannier, and wire a two tone diesel loco horn to it? Although I heard of some people who did that, and blew their front room window out testing it.

Tynan

Veteran
there's a v3 of the airzound, no idea if that'll help

you should be sparing with it anyway

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:
Change the reservoir for a 2l coke bottle. You still have to pump it up, but there's a lot of blast in a bottle that size!!!

Maybe a standard beer barrel would be even better?

Maz

Guru
Upgrade your Airzound to an AirRifle. Wear it Terminator-style slung over the shoulder. That should earn you some respect.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Good suggestions so far, keep them coming.

There are lots of good horns on www.airhorns.co.uk but they are all 12v. Is there some kind of converter?

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Tynan said:
there's a v3 of the airzound, no idea if that'll help

you should be sparing with it anyway

Why? :biggrin:

I like to give a long extended blast through the window of real muppets and this tends to suck all the juice out of it!

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
Upgrade your Airzound to an AirRifle. Wear it Terminator-style slung over the shoulder. That should earn you some respect.

...and probably a prison sentence! Can you still post on here from a jail cell?

domtyler said:
That is kind of what I am looking for, I don't think it would be that heavy. Can you just dial in 80PSI and it will automatically keep it topped up?

That will probably be the problem with something like that, it won't deliver that kind of pressure and it'll maybe need more than 3w to get it to work. For 80psi you're probably going to need a compressor and that's more likely to be 12v (plug in to cigar lighter, portable car type thing). A quick search on Google didn't find anything but it may well exist, most 6v compressors are AC though, fridges and such like. Somebody might know of something though: Anyone?

Tetedelacourse

Following Crackle's advice, why not politely tap on the window and ask to use their cigarette lighter for a few moments. Then once you have reached the required pressure, issue a loud blast to show how angry you are.

Just shout at them - or do you sound like Officer Hooks?

Top Bottom