I've had it with this place

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User76 said:
So, we've all pitched about a year ago, pretty much taken over without a by your leave, paid absolutely fcuk all, recieved nothing but generosity and help from the owner who tries to accomodate any bonkers idea we can come up with, developed a real community spirit, had shirts made and thats the second time the server has been down for about 45 minutes! Why do we bother:biggrin:

I dunno, I actually got something mildly constructive done!:rolleyes:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Yeah I've had enough too - I'm off to find some gated community where there are 'proper powers that be' that can keep control, because I'm too insecure to live in the real world (despite it proving to be quite a nice place).

I want a place where one rule is:

"Like Voltaire, we'll defend to the death your right to make your point, however unpopular it may be."

But then the next rule says:

"The admins have given the moderators free rein to control content and will support their decisions."

I'm sure the juxtaposition of those two things was the sort of 'freedom' for which we struggled in the sixties.

Wasn't it?

gbb

Legendary Member
User76 said:
So, we've all pitched about a year ago, pretty much taken over without a by your leave, paid absolutely fcuk all, recieved nothing but generosity and help from the owner who tries to accomodate any bonkers idea we can come up with, developed a real community spirit, had shirts made and thats the second time the server has been down for about 45 minutes! Why do we bother:biggrin:

Crikey, you just reminded me...we did all dump ourselves on this forum....i wonder what the original members thought. :smile:

Seems so long ago...seems like home.

At present I'm restricted to internet access cos my legit host is experiencing problems with his set-up; so cue the unsuspecting neighbours (well, I want to make the most of the forum), a few of which haven't locked their network! :smile:

But, yeah, bloody hell, Shaun, get your act together! :biggrin:

Top Bottom