I've have a 7 week old kitten who turned savage last night!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
longers said:
With cats try to get them to look into your eyes, then blink slowly. It's their body language for trust.
...and then look away, to the side of the cat. Staring directly at a cat is aggressive behaviour as far as the cat is concerned.

If you watch two cats who are almost but not quite fighting, they sit near each other, but looking past the other cat, not generally directly at each other.

longers

Legendary Member
Aye -what TimO said. I forgot about that bit. It could have all gone wrong.;)

CycleWidow

User;41701][quote=Tinkstheminks said:
He's not weaned yet and he swiped a chunk of chicken...
I tried to take it off him and he went absolutely mad!!
~Spitting, growling, claws out... the works!!
It was like funny but I'm actually nursing about 30 DEEP cuts and bites!!
Any suggestions on how to get him out of this habit?
I've NEVER had a viscous cat before :sad:

I've heard that drowning works wonders.....;)

*Ducks and runs for cover*[/quote]

515mm said:
It does work. The water should be warm, however........

(''no, really, I love our cats sweetheart, really I do.'')

Hmm. Cats are amazing creatures.
My mother was gifted a beautiful Lilac Burmese cat for her 40th ( I was 20 and working my way through Uni)...one saturday while I was at work they could not find the cat. She was quite a wee dainty thing and the local moggies would have had her for breakfast so she was kept largely indoors. Mother checked my room upstairs and everywhere on the ground floor....no cat! They were in the midst of doing the laundry at the time and my father said "have you checked the washing maching", to which she replied "of course I have checked the washing maching, do you honestly think I would switch the thing on if the cat was in there!"
Well, he decided to check again and there, lo and behold was Leah going round and around at the start of the the soapy bit of the cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was one of those Hoover Logik things that uses less water (thank god) and after much worry and prising the door open with a knife...switched off of course....they finally managed to get the cat out! Dad says he had to keep switching it on every now and again as she would slip under the water and the only way to get her air was to rotate the drum! Poor beggar.
Anyways, I came home from work and they sat me down " Jen we have some bad news"....now I thought someone had died, the cat was sitting in her usual spot by the fire...when he told me what had happened I burst into fits of giggles and mother (bless her) burst into tears! I was first year medic at the time and doing a spot of physiology noted that perhaps the cat wasnt the best...lips unusually blue and rapid breathing using acessory muscles etc. Apparently Persil is a bit caustic to the old lung tissue! So took cat to vet and it spent a few nights in "hospital" and then released home...the cleanest pussy in Aberdeen (no jokes please).
8 Lives left, still goes in the machine (never on) and is 14 and very very fat!!!!!
Cats .... intelligent but they never learn!

wafflycat

Sounds like a seven week kitten doing what any normal seven week old kitten does: indulge in a spot of play fighting. It's normal behaviour as learning to fight is a part of any predator development. Puppies do it too.

See here

If you haven't raised a kitten before, a visit to your vet should get you loads of information on how to do it properly. So the scratches are minimised...

Membrane

Threaten to shoot him with your finger pistol, that'll put the fear into the little rascal:

kitty_kitty_bang_bang.jpg

That picture was taken seconds before the poor blighter shat itself! ;)

I'm looking after two cats (Burmese). They have very good temperaments. I rarely let them sleep on my bed, and on the very few occasions I do (when I feel sorry for them, cos they're house-bound and NEVER get outside, except on their bi-annual trip to the vets 50 yards away) one of them, in the middle of the night gives me a real hard bite on the fleshy part of my forearm - bastard!
During the day (when I'm around) they're fine; they probably sleep then, but at night they're probably wondering what the best way to eat me is! :sad:

terry huckle

Well I`ve never had a problem like that with a cat....my first one "Rommel" had some interesting hunting habits though.

My current cat "Marzipan" loves her food, but needs to be shown her dish with the food in it before she`ll eat anything.

Anyway, here she is as she appeared about a year ago

DSC_0159.jpg

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
terry huckle said:
My current cat "Marzipan" loves her food, but needs to be shown her dish with the food in it before she`ll eat anything.
Aww, Marzipan am very sweet. Our million year old cat also likes to have her saucer brought to her...

My family's kittens used to be little savages when we first rescued them, but in the end they were nice tame cats.

longers

Legendary Member
Most of our cats have liked cheese. And pasta with tomatoey sauce, curry too. We had one who had a thing for cucumber, he came home with half of one once and would always turn up in the kitchen when you were making salads. We put it down to him having had a car drive into his head.
( My mum was driving - She was driving the Veterinary Ambulance at the time :ohmy::blush:)

barq

longers said:
Most of our cats have liked cheese. And pasta with tomatoey sauce, curry too. We had one who had a thing for cucumber, he came home with half of one once

My cat (Crawford) had a thing about balti when we lived in Brum. I lived near a load of take-aways and he was always bringing back food. He's got a thing about chickpeas too.

The weirdest thing he's ever stolen was a runner bean from a neighbour's vegetable patch. He carried this bean around with him for about a week before it eventually disintegrated, at which point he cried. :ohmy:

Top Bottom