I've hit a mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
byegad said:
I gave up undertaking after an incident like yours. A driver was determined to block my progress and made a late move forcing me to bunny hop the curb to avoid being crushed into the kerb. The next night he did it again, firms van, distinctive enough to know it again.

Pssst, the version you want is 'kerb'...:biggrin:

Amazing, isn't it the effort some folk will put into using their mirrors to see when they are about to be passed in a queue by a bike, when they don't seem capable of using them at any other time!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
byegad said:
I gave up undertaking after an incident like yours. A driver was determined to block my progress and made a late move forcing me to bunny hop the curb to avoid being crushed into the kerb. The next night he did it again, firms van, distinctive enough to know it again.

After that it was a few days before I saw him again and as I passed him on the right he tried to put me into the oncoming lane! Fortunately I changed jobs just after that so didn't see him again, but he certainly had an issue with being overtaken by a bike.

You reported it, right? Not for your sake, but for everybody else this driver would have otherwise threatened.

Trillian

BentMikey said:
Someone back on C+ mentioned that knocking mirrors downwards usually breaks them off, whilst forwards/backwards just causes them to fold. Apparently! And I'm not suggesting you do this.

most mirrors from the mid 80's onwards will fold front / rear with no damage, my brother had a renault 5 which got its right hand mirror abused when people did not give way where he had priority at a narrow bridge, so he'd clout mirrors with them, was always amusing to see his mirror flip backwards and forwards after the impact (30mph each way sometimes) until a BMW's mirror exploded

should obey road signs was my brother's response

Trillian

byegad said:
After that it was a few days before I saw him again and as I passed him on the right he tried to put me into the oncoming lane! Fortunately I changed jobs just after that so didn't see him again, but he certainly had an issue with being overtaken by a bike.

i once had a taxi do this to me, he wasn't happy that he'd come up my left as i took a right hand corner, and he'd droped back, he put me onto the line dividing the two oncoming lanes, he then went back onto his side of the road and i came too, he pushed across again (i start getting slightly scared at this point)

he was too busy leaning out of the window and shouting at me that he drove straight into a traffic light!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Trillian said:
he was too busy leaning out of the window and shouting at me that he drove straight into a traffic light!

Ahahahahahahaa!!!! That's just poetic justice! Did he need any more proof of his poor driving?

Top Bottom