I've just won....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

When I was six I won a Blue Peter competition by correctly guessing the number of metres of cable in the studio (don't recall the number, but I pitched it very high). The official prize was a set of not very good books. However I got a tour of the BBC. It was like going to magic land, or Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Back then the BBC did far more in-house so the Blue Peter studio literally had a Tardis in the scenery dock. It sparked in interest in film and TV that I've never entirely shaken off.

Noodley

I prefer the other thread.

dav1d

I've recently won a Mars football and a Mars cricket ball. Won about £200 after Christmas on a 66/1 horse after putting a bet on it to win.Won a Pot Noodle Horn once that I couldn't claim as it was just past the closing date, but the Pot Noodle was in date.My brother used to know someone who ALWAYS won something with the Walkers Crisps packs. His surname was Win too!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I won a holiday to the Carribean once. The conditions were that the tickets were non transferable, it had to be during high season and I had to pay my own flights and food.
I turned it down.

A little while later they called back and said I, or any one else, could go any time.
Still turned it down.

A bit later the offer included free flights and food vouchers if I used the hotel bar.
I made a few calls to friends before turning it down again. None of us were willing to take the time off work then.

Maz

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i won a tv, a 3 week trip to china and over a grand in cash when i won blockbusters, many moons ago…
Serious? You were on Blockbusters? Excellent! Were you on the single player or 2-player team?

simonali

Guru
I recently won a year membership to a local gym. Sold it to a bloke at work for 50 squids.

yello

Look, sorry, I can contain myself no longer. I know you'll all be jealous but...

I won Status Quo's 'Blue For You' when I was 12. PM me if you want an autograph.

At the raffle at the local on New Years Eve, I managed to win the 5 “T” shirts they had as prizes in the collection of 30 odd prizes. All were drawn separately and they were the only prizes I won.

Oh, I obviously won Mrs ArDee’s hand in marriage ;) ;) :biggrin:.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
ArDee said:
At the raffle at the local on New Years Eve, I managed to win the 5 “T” shirts they had as prizes in the collection of 30 odd prizes. All were drawn separately and they were the only prizes I won.

Oh, I obviously won Mrs ArDee’s hand in marriage ;) :biggrin: :biggrin:.
Was there fighting, courageous deeds against demon-like creations, and valiant triumph over many adversaries? Or did you just ask, and she said 'okay'? ;):biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
My wife came into our bedroom at 2.00 in the morning after a works do in the nineties and insisted on waking me up. I was livid, had to be up at 6 for work, hated being woken up etc. She had won two return airline flights to anywhere in the world. I soon forgave her. :biggrin: She didn't even realise she could win; she was support staff (Thomas Cook Holidays) and this was the first year competitions were opened up to non-shop staff. And this was the star prize. Talk about getting daggers from all the shop staff after that.

We were single and just picked the furthest place we could get to. Sydney first stop five days, then Uluru four days, Cairns (1 week) and finally Dunk island for a week. It was the best holiday. ;)

Jealous yet? ;)

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

My bottle of Bollinger just arrived at my desk - they posted it in a thin Jiffy bag!!! Obviously their mailroom has no idea about how the PO treats parcels!

Got here in one piece though ;)

Top Bottom