I've lost the bug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MrRidley

magnatom said:
Oi! He'll be fine as long as there are no road cones around!

You'll pull through it Jim. Just remember all the good that the cycling is doing you. Maybe we should arrange a wee jaunt over Crow Road to blow away the cobwebs! :biggrin:

Maybe once the roadworks around Fintry have gone, was there 2 weeks ago cone alley :laugh:

bhoyjim said:
Maybe once the roadworks around Fintry have gone, was there 2 weeks ago cone alley :laugh:
Probably best to steer clear then! :biggrin:

I dont have any trouble with the mileage as i know every inch of my commute off by heart which i guess makes it a bit boring although not as boring as the tube.

veggieville

Über Member
bhoyjim said:
Been cycling almost every day this year (only missed about 10 days) but the last 2 weeks i'm having to force myself, start work at 5am, so 4am rise, some mornings i can barely make it to work, don't know if it's the cold/dark/wet that's doing it, but the bug has defo gone, i only need another 300 or so miles to make it to 5000 for the year, will it pass ? has anyone else had the same problems ?

He he! I was gonna say "you should try living in Glasgow" and then I noticed...you do! :wacko:

jimboalee

It is very true about the old saying "must have an aim".

I got to the stage of almost throwing my bike on the skip in 1999.
I was cycling to and from work approx 30 miles per day. Same route, Monotonous and boring.

Then I discovered AUK's 'Mileater' medal...

I investigated and applied for a Mileater diary.

In Y2K, I got 10,000 km done and in 2001, received a shiny enameled medal.

There were only a few AUK members who rode further and I was well up the list in the 2001 handbook.

"15 seconds of fame". :sad:

Top Bottom