I've won a Pinarello FP1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BRILLIANT :bravo: ! Well Done ! :cheers:

There is a lot talked about different fitting systems/methods. Here's one :blush:

Have a think about what is more important to you for this bike: comfort or speed. HLaB has posted that his bike fittings gave a different frame size from what is comfortable for him. I would suggest that, somewhere along the line, he was not able to convey his preferences effectively to those doing the fitting (in one case - to himself :eek:). If you want a 'comfort' fitting, then the fitter should take this into account (mine did).

Coming to think about it the tri centre did me another comfort fit, a touring fit IIRC and it was that touch more upright etc. Its saved on my other PC so I can't check.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Congrats mate, really chuffed for ye. I won a fancy Goretex jacket a few months back and was delighted so would be totally gobsmacked if I'd won that bike - hope it's a 2010 model as they are gorgeous. Hope to see you out on a CC ride to get a closer look at it sometime in the not too distant future - congrats again !

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

BRILLIANT :bravo: ! Well Done ! :cheers:

There is a lot talked about different fitting systems/methods. Here's one :blush:

Have a think about what is more important to you for this bike: comfort or speed. HLaB has posted that his bike fittings gave a different frame size from what is comfortable for him. I would suggest that, somewhere along the line, he was not able to convey his preferences effectively to those doing the fitting (in one case - to himself :eek:). If you want a 'comfort' fitting, then the fitter should take this into account (mine did).

I would guess that, if you went in to a Pinarello dealer and told them of your success and could they let you see/try for size an example of what you will be getting, they should be delighted for you and be pleased to assist. After all, you may want some (upgrade ?) bits later on ....

Looking forward to slobbering enviously over seeing it :bicycle:.

They'll be no catching you now ..... :headshake:
wow what a minefield eh . whatever happened to "touch the ground with ur tip toes while sitting on the saddle " eh :unsure:

i,ve spoken to the very nice man from the marketing company ( who is a cyclist himself ) who i gave all sorts of mesurments to , who in turn has spoken to the dealer , i,ve had a quick leg over in the local dealer :wacko: so we,ve put all the info together and hopefuly i,ll get a nice shinny new bike that i can touch the pedals and reach the bars :rolleyes: .. lol im sure all will be fine
thanks for all the info and help
and hope to get out on a run with my new go faster bike .... now i need to find go faster legs ... but im sure the years supply of Marshalls pasta will help with this ... as long as i dont eat it all at once :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congratulations! Isn't it good when somebody gets good news?

Now all you need is for the rain to stop.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
hopefully another CC Ecosse run soon and I'll get to bring it along

Done!

Top Bottom