J F Wilson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Nice lugs, and I do like a rowdy paint job, and the straight steel fork blades look good:okay:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had the below build info back from J F Wilson , who also confirmed that it was special order for a Mr Peter Dakin a then local to Sheffield rider

" Hi yes, Peter nice fella."

" It was built in August, 1995. Using Reynolds 531c tubing:"

"Seat tube 23 & 1/2" centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube."

"Top tube 22 & 1/2" centre to centre"

" Down tube 24 & 7/8" centre to centre"

" Seat angle 73.5' with a head angle of 73.5' "

A bit later than i was expecting but nice to have the info confirmed

Rode it 6 miles today and it felt very nice

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had a look at the Chorus headset this morning and it looks like a spacer is missing between the two caps

IMG_20190808_061107841.jpg

Anybody have one ?

Good morning,

I remember seeing the Wilson web site a few times where they had many similar paint schemes and if I remember rightly they/he also made a significant number of frames out of 501 tubing.

That seemed a bit odd to me as the I thought that the price difference between 531 and 501 was never great in the context of hand built frames.

Or it may be that I saw the only few made as nobody wanted them. :-)

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This one has been doing a fair amount of miles since picking it up and has yet to come up with a reason why it can't be a keeper .

Did 47 miles on Saturday morning and it proved very confident and comfortable as a leisure riding machine rather than the racing machine it was built for .

Just looked at my chorus headset, the washer fits in a recess so it isn't visible

Top Bottom