Jacket thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I can't help specifically but jackets are a funny thing. People often ask...which jacket ?
Truth is, you need about 3 jackets minimum through the year, heavy and windproof for the winter, lighter for the fairer weather when that heavy one will make you sweat heavily and a lights shower proof one is handy too for those spring days when it warm but wet.
I got a cupboard with about 5 jackets in it :wacko:^_^

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Thanks for the reply, yes, I agree.
I’ve several different types, I wanted this as a replacement for my old ... no longer waterproof lightweight jacket, to keep in my back pocket.
Anyway, I’ve placed an order... there was an extra 30% off at checkout, so seemed a no brainer....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Please let us know how you get on with it. I'm sceptical that anything "100% waterproof, windproof" will also be "breathable" in any meaningful way.

Like @gbb I've many jackets, the main ones for cycling being: a very waterproof winter jacket that I still sometimes have to ride slowly in when it's done up fully against rain (which is no bad thing given all the idiots failing to brake enough for heavy rain), a most-of-the-year half-windproof Roubaix jacket and a thin rainshell which gets put over the Roubaix or summer clothes.

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Please let us know how you get on with it. I'm sceptical that anything "100% waterproof, windproof" will also be "breathable" in any meaningful way.

arrived today, feels like a really good quality bit of kit... really comfortable fit etc.
will repot back on the breathability after a decent ride... though I too am sceptical of such claims..... in fact my arms were sweating after just trying it on in the kitchen :laugh:

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Wore it for all of a hilly 50 mile ride today.... and tbh I was pretty dry when I took it off at the end of the ride... so breathability is pretty impressive in fairness.

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
Good. How heavy was the rain where you were?

No rain yesterday, I was referring to the breathability.... I did however commute in torrential rain on Friday and can confirm it it totally waterproof.

Tenkaykev

Guru
How is the sizing? I'm a M in my running jacket but I'm thinking perhaps I'd need to go up a size to allow for base layers etc.

OP
OP
mynydd

mynydd

Veteran
How is the sizing? I'm a M in my running jacket but I'm thinking perhaps I'd need to go up a size to allow for base layers etc.

Not too bad.... possibly a bit on the tight side, but the material does have some give in it.
I’m 46 chest and the XL is fine over a base layer and normal cycling jersey.

Top Bottom