Jagwire cables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
I want to replace my inner and outer cables on my 20 year old MTB, front and rear brakes, front and rear changers.

I keep seeing Jagwire, is it different from normal bike cables?

Any advice in general, what to look for ect.

Thanks

Dave

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
I want to replace my inner and outer cables on my 20 year old MTB, front and rear brakes, front and rear changers.

I keep seeing Jagwire, is it different from normal bike cables?

Any advice in general, what to look for ect.

Thanks

Dave

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive used them, seem to work ok. They look as though they're galvanised instead of some better quality stainless cables, but that said, they work fine for the money.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive used them, seem to work ok. They look as though they're galvanised instead of some better quality stainless cables, but that said, they work fine for the money.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My Giant came with Jagwire ones and 2 years on they need replacing (well the housing does) but they are still shiny so I assume not galvanised. They seem to have worked really well so I would love to replace them with the same - but having problems tracking them down.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My Giant came with Jagwire ones and 2 years on they need replacing (well the housing does) but they are still shiny so I assume not galvanised. They seem to have worked really well so I would love to replace them with the same - but having problems tracking them down.

lukesdad

Jagwire make different spec cables Ive used their top of the range cable sets they work well nice touches with the frame protectors to. Wouldnt buy cheap cables.

lukesdad

Jagwire make different spec cables Ive used their top of the range cable sets they work well nice touches with the frame protectors to. Wouldnt buy cheap cables.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
lukesdad said:

Has this range got a name? I can't remember what mine have one them I would have to go and look - like I say mine have run very smoothly for 2 years with little maintenance -so I do like them. This is for the gear cable.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
lukesdad said:

Has this range got a name? I can't remember what mine have one them I would have to go and look - like I say mine have run very smoothly for 2 years with little maintenance -so I do like them. This is for the gear cable.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you're looking for inners, I can recommend Fibrax' teflon coated ones as being really good. I buy the tandem brake cables, and can usually get an MTB brake *and* a road bike brake out of one cable (because the ends are different, and the cables are so blimmin long). For outers & cable adjusters I've always used Jagwire.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you're looking for inners, I can recommend Fibrax' teflon coated ones as being really good. I buy the tandem brake cables, and can usually get an MTB brake *and* a road bike brake out of one cable (because the ends are different, and the cables are so blimmin long). For outers & cable adjusters I've always used Jagwire.

Wocce Racer

Jagwire also come in lots of different colours, instead of the usual black or sliver. So if you have a red frame you can get matching cables.

Top Bottom