Jam or marmalade on your toast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
Chocolate spread!

snorri

Legendary Member
Marmalade in the morning only, it can keep you awake all night otherwise.:whistle:
Never jam in the morning, it has sleep inducing properties.:biggrin:
Both should be spread with a knife straight from the jar when you are at home.
When away from home a spoon should be used for both to take a serving from the dish, then spread with a knife.:biggrin:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Courtney Love (Kurt Cobain's widow) was once found stoned out of her mind, sitting in a supermarket aisle, eating a jar of peanut butter with two spoons.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Jam for sure applied with a knife

...whats all this stuff about using a spoon?! That should be in your mug being used to stir 5 sugars into your morning espresso :ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thick cut marmalade spread thickly on a layer of Président butter on COLD granary toast. Nothing nicer.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
snorri said:
Marmalade in the morning only, it can keep you awake all night otherwise.:ohmy:

Oh, THAT explains why I'm always up in the middle of the night!

Actually, I'll have to admit to being a true heathen here, but I have never quite understood the whole Marmalade and jam thing, so I use the likes of Phillidelphia spread (if I'm being fat and lazy) or Benecol spread if ...well...I'm not.
I'm not much of a toast person all round.

Besides, Marmalade seems to have a mind of it's own as far as I've been able to tell from the few times I've actually tried to spread the stuff on some toast!

Mad Doug Biker said:
Oh, THAT explains why I'm always up in the middle of the night!

Actually, I'll have to admit to being a true heathen here, but I have never quite understood the whole Marmalade and jam thing, so I use the likes of Phillidelphia spread (if I'm being fat and lazy) or Benecol spread if ...well...I'm not.
I'm not much of a toast person all round.

Besides, Marmalade seems to have a mind of it's own as far as I've been able to tell from the few times I've actually tried to spread the stuff on some toast!

Mouth wash for MDB please.:ohmy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thick cut marmalade, with a knife from the jar onto thick cut bread, buttered with a fresh cup of tea. Heaven:tongue:

Top Bottom