Jamis Aurora v Fuji Touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoG

Veteran
Hi
Thru cycle scheme, I have just about narrowed my choice down to the 2015 models of the Jamis Aurora and the Fuji Touring.
I dont plan to go touring due to family commitments, rather, long days out while the wife is at work and the kids are at school. Also the twice a week 21 mile ride to work, which is a mix of road and canal towpaths. I will be carrying spare shirts, socks etc, as well as two days rations, all in rear panniers.
Just wondering which you feel is the best bike, which you would choose between the two, and why.
Cheers.

I looked at those 2. If I remember right one gad mudguards but not the other. That'd clinch it for me.

OP
OP
MoG

MoG

Veteran
Yep, but I can get £50 of free goods with the Fuji (the one with no mudguards), but not the Jamis.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There is very little to choose between these 2, but I like the rack on the Fuji and the £50 is an added bonus.

andym

Über Member
I think the Fuji has the edge - mainly down to the gearing, but if you're planning on riding regularly on canal towpaths then you might prefer the wider tyres on the Jamis (although 25mm is probably enough). If you can go into the dealer it would be worth checking with them about whether you could fit wider tyres to the Fuji (that depends both on the amount of clearance and the width of the rims).

Generally I don't think you need mudguards for summer riding, but canal towpaths do throw up a lot of muck - and in winter you risk arriving at work with brown muck up your back.

Probably I'd get the Fuji and use the £50 for mudguards and tyres - assuming it has the clearance.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Both Fuji and Jamis have long history of doing good touring bicycles, but I always think the Fujis offer better value for money I have't owned it for all that time, but my Fuji Touring Series IV turns 30 next year, still plenty of life left in it after modernization. Much of it comes down to the frame, and which bicycles' geometry fits you and your riding style best. Touring bikes are fine for commuting, grocery hauling, and just as a do-it-all sort of bicycle. Some tires and some mudguards and you are good to go.

OP
OP
MoG

MoG

Veteran
Thanks for the advice people:thumbsup:
The Fuji has indeed got 32c, not 25c tyres - have had that verified by Evans. Think I prefer the colour than the Jamis blue/black - not that colour is my main priority.

insurin

I got the Fuji Touring in March 2014 on C2W. Fantastic bike. Very comfy ride. Cycle to work and back everyday and toured last year Faro to Malaga. I am about to pick up the Jamis Aurora 2015 model on C2W. I have no reason to get another bike but it seems rude not to, especially when the bike is discounted anyway due to transit damage.

I will give it a few weeks on the Jamis and if everything is fine, I will be selling My Fuji for about £280.

Only concern, as mentioned above is the gearing is better for hills on the Fuji.

Last edited:
Top Bottom