Jamis Bikes at Evans - Anybody bought one.

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Alembicbassman, 18 Aug 2012.

1. Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman Confused.com

Just sold my alu-carbon road bike and am now looking at steel framed bikes.

Jamis do the Satellite Sport and Comp models sold at Evans. They look pretty good value. Never heard of them before - any reports welcome.

Ta.

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

A very well regarded US brand by all accounts.
    Cycling Plus usually give them good reviews when ever one turns up,

3. RAYMOND

RAYMOND Well-Known Member

Not had any dealings with jamis but the one on the back of this weeks cycling weekly looks good, reduced to claer at £449.99

looks a nice little bike

4. yello

yello Legendary Member

Indeed. I'm pleased to see them in the UK. I looked into getting one a few years back (an Aurora Elite) but shipping costs (from the US) made it a no go.

5. djb1971

djb1971 Guru

Yes, I've got the Sputnik and love it!

6. henshaw11

henshaw11 Well-Known Member

7. OP
    OP
    Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman Confused.com

May pop over to Evans and check'em out. They come with mudguard eyelets and long drop brakes, which with the summer we've had is no bad thing.

8. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

I've always thought that they look like great value for money and well thought out bikes - must be worth a shot.

9. bornagainst

bornagainst Senior Member

I picked up a Jamis Xenith comp (carbon) just recently.. reduced to £1200, and at the reduced price, I think it's a really good bike. No issues at all.

10. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

i was torn between the steel (and waiting 5 weeks to get it) and my allez (there the next day) the only reason i didnt get the jamis satellite is that i needed to get miles in on whatever bike i was getting ready for a charity ride.

i am considering one as my next bike before i go the carbon route and keep the allez for sunny days whilst i upgrade it to 105 stuff :whistle:

11. Edwards80

Edwards80 Über Member

We bought a Jamis Ventura Comp Femme for my Mrs and we're very pleased with it. They are pretty highly regarded in the states apparently.

12. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Well if my commute home is anything to go by, they are ridden by short bandy legged blokes who think they are clever jumping red lights and then feel the need to ride on the pavement after being overtaken numerous times by a rather older female ... despite RLJing and riding on the pavment :whistle:

13. Very highly regarded smaller brand, still family owned AFAIK. Good honest bikes. Nice to see them back in the YewKay. I'd ride a Jamis, and I'm a total brand queen.

14. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

Becky Adlington has one

BeckyAdlington.jpg

15. ClaudeH

ClaudeH Regular

I bought the Xenith Comp for £1,200 a months back and enjoyed it as it came. I then spent £250 or so upgrading to Ultegra wheels and really feel the benefit. It is reviewed in the current Cycling Active and their conlcusion was very nice bike for the money and even nicer with some better wheels.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice