Jamis Bikes at Evans - Anybody bought one.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Just sold my alu-carbon road bike and am now looking at steel framed bikes.

Jamis do the Satellite Sport and Comp models sold at Evans. They look pretty good value. Never heard of them before - any reports welcome.

Ta.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A very well regarded US brand by all accounts.
Cycling Plus usually give them good reviews when ever one turns up,

RAYMOND

Not had any dealings with jamis but the one on the back of this weeks cycling weekly looks good, reduced to claer at £449.99

looks a nice little bike

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
May pop over to Evans and check'em out. They come with mudguard eyelets and long drop brakes, which with the summer we've had is no bad thing.

bornagainst

Über Member
I picked up a Jamis Xenith comp (carbon) just recently.. reduced to £1200, and at the reduced price, I think it's a really good bike. No issues at all.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i was torn between the steel (and waiting 5 weeks to get it) and my allez (there the next day) the only reason i didnt get the jamis satellite is that i needed to get miles in on whatever bike i was getting ready for a charity ride.

i am considering one as my next bike before i go the carbon route and keep the allez for sunny days whilst i upgrade it to 105 stuff :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Well if my commute home is anything to go by, they are ridden by short bandy legged blokes who think they are clever jumping red lights and then feel the need to ride on the pavement after being overtaken numerous times by a rather older female ... despite RLJing and riding on the pavment :whistle:

Becky Adlington has one

BeckyAdlington.jpg

ClaudeH

Regular
I bought the Xenith Comp for £1,200 a months back and enjoyed it as it came. I then spent £250 or so upgrading to Ultegra wheels and really feel the benefit. It is reviewed in the current Cycling Active and their conlcusion was very nice bike for the money and even nicer with some better wheels.

Top Bottom