Jammed the left pedal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
I don't have particular inclinations to OCD but for those who have, I can imagine that having non matching pedals could cause distress (though maybe not enough to cough up £47.00 for 1 pedal).

I'm not a weight weenie but I could be converted to being a width weenie if it saves any worthwhile width. If you decided not to fold it, would it still be able to be tucked under the tyre like the non folding one? It could give the best of both worlds in various folded and semi folded states.

Folding pedals are useful in the garage to stop your unfolded bikes gouging each other, which is why a pair would be useful. I've even got a pair on my SWB recumbent, as the unfolded pedals on the end of the boom like to pick fights with everything otherwise. Maybe detachable pedals could be a solution but I'd always be worried about mislaying them, or a retaining clip pinging off somewhere. My early Bickerton had one detachable pedal that located in a recess in the frame when folded, but I always wondered if it would still be there when I came to unfold it again. I just like anything that saves space to remain attached!

u_i

Über Member
Just that in normal usage you would not need it and thus it is not delivered as standard. If I remember correctly it makes unter circumstances usage of the older huge suitcase easier.

I have that folding one on the right too, but the only times I ever fold it is indeed when packing the bike into a bag or suitcase. It only matters when you begin to squeeze the folded bike from the sides.

CEBEP

I’m very happy with MKS Allways Ezy Superior. Both can be removed if necessary. Pedals have bigger contact area and I feel no heat zones on my feet. Extremely comfortable to pedal

06B5B739-7FA2-4885-899A-E791C71E0E4D.jpeg

E44C3C87-07E3-489A-8D0A-5B0B6C68BC5E.jpeg

BEFB6F5C-E48A-4DFC-A449-3F46038CFDC1.jpeg

Any removable pedals will serve the same purpose though.

Last edited:

berlinonaut

Veteran
If you decided not to fold it, would it still be able to be tucked under the tyre like the non folding one? It could give the best of both worlds in various folded and semi folded states.

I'd assume this should not be a problem. As far as I know the only difference between right and left folding pedal is the bolt (and this is a separate part). So you could simply buy a right-hand folding bolt as a spare part and try out how a folding pedal on the right works out before buying the whole lot.

Top Bottom