How to remove the folding pedal from a 2020 Ti Brompton. Please ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I remember it as the spanner or hex is turned towards the rear of the bike on both sides.
Try to find a tube for leverage.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Try to get the pedal onto something solid like a brick or your energy will be absorbed by the tyres especially if you're going to give the hex a bash with a hammer.

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Try to get the pedal onto something solid like a brick or your energy will be absorbed by the tyres especially if you're going to give the hex a bash with a hammer.

This ^^^ I understand!
There will be an update during next week. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I remember it as the spanner or hex is turned towards the rear of the bike on both sides.
Try to find a tube for leverage.
I bodged this for one job and was amazed when it worked!

Spanner extension.jpg

Woldy

I bodged this for one job and was amazed when it worked!

View attachment 720819

Where I'm from, there's a term for adjustables - but it's probably not the place to be using it! Especially as I've just joined! Well done for it working though. I use the top tube of an old bike frame - slots over the ring end of my 15mm but wont quite go over the open end so its ideal!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Where I'm from, there's a term for adjustables - but it's probably not the place to be using it! Especially as I've just joined! Well done for it working though. I use the top tube of an old bike frame - slots over the ring end of my 15mm but wont quite go over the open end so its ideal!
It was when working on my spare bike down in Devon. I don't have my tools there so I had to scrounge even the adjustable spanner!

I might treat myself to a simple toolkit to leave there***. I go down about 5 times a year so it would probably be justified.

*** I travel there and back by bus and train so I don’t want to be carting heavy tools with me every time!

mitchibob

Über Member

I think I know what you're talking about on adjustables, but at the same time, while building a tool-kit on a budget, they have their place. Once you have requirement to switch pedals a bit more, getting a decent pedal spanner becomes sensible. Adjustables are definitely not ideal, but have a place as long as you understand the risks, use carefully.

I've eventually got myself small, half-decent pedal spanner, although, it's quite small shaft, but fine for switching pedals on bikes I have.

I like the idea of recycled top-tube as additional lever... just wondered what happened to the poor donor of that top tube.

Big "If" I was getting T-line, I'd be getting them to switch the pedals to some of those new Favero SPD pedals before I rode it away, anyway.

Top Bottom