1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammie Oliver's Disection of a 25 stone man last night

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 17 Jan 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...yuck...anybody see it?

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

No but you seem to have survived it, Bigbloke!!;)

3. bobg

bobg Über Member

Sure did, and "yuck" about sums it it up! Mentioned the merits of reducing fat intake, doing at least a little exercise and stopping smoking to my wife this morning ......... - big mistake ;)
    "Oh, for God sake, don't be such a whimp, you gotta die of something etc.etc for about 10 minutes - the moral being,
    a. never give advice when its not asked for
    b. stay single :tongue:

4. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

Credit to the dead guy for allowing this to happen...might help a few peeps lose weight.

5. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I didn't see this - what was the general consensus? Or don't I need to ask?
    Hopefully they will re-run as I want my missus to watch it. Not that she's 25 stone but she could do with losing a few.

6. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

well it was all about the crap food we eat making us fat and ill etc. BUt it was done in such a way as to 'disturb' fatties into action hopefully. Maybe Ch4 will add it onto the iplayer.

He had a doc cut up a corpse of a 25 stone bloke who 'ate himself to death'....took a look inside at the heart, lungs etc...scary stuff.

7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

I thought the bit where they measured the fitness of 3 of them ... and that it was the youngest, slimest that was doing fairly bad was interesting - They then did a MRI scan and showed that although thin he was carrying quite a bit of fat, and that one man who had been classed obese was a lot fitter than him and when scanned turned out he was carrying quite a bit of muscle... They then missed pointing out that BMI doesn't work so well for those with muscle but it was interesting to see it shown in a scan.

8. Wolvesandy

Wolvesandy New Member

Did Jamie Oliver do the dissection or was it a weird looking german bloke in a hat?
    Channel 4 did anatomy for beginners not so long back with him in it and it was very interesting but gruesome.

9. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

It was the wierd German bloke ... but they didn't show much dissection

10. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

Gunther van Hagens

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Is this the Jamie Oliver we're talking about?

JO0.jpg
    JO1.jpg
    JO2.jpg
    JO3.jpg
    JO4.jpg
    JO5.jpg
    JO6.jpg
    JO7.jpg
    JO8.jpg
    JO9.jpg
    JO10.jpg
    JO11.jpg
    JO12.jpg
    JO13.jpg

12. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Not jealous are we dom? ;):tongue:

13. Brock

Brock Senior Member

*chortle*

And I thought 'jammie oliver' was going to be some sort of very posh biscuit!

14. Jaded

Jaded New Member

The fat cadavers were more of a struggle than the thin ones. The muscular ones were best, like ours.

The fat ones just had this sort of thick yellow custard stuff that you had to get through to see anything.

15. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

It's on again now. Why is it, everytime I see Gunther von Hagens I am reminded of Herr Flick from 'Allo, 'Allo?