Jammie Oliver's Disection of a 25 stone man last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...yuck...anybody see it?

No but you seem to have survived it, Bigbloke!!;)

bobg

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...yuck...anybody see it?

Sure did, and "yuck" about sums it it up! Mentioned the merits of reducing fat intake, doing at least a little exercise and stopping smoking to my wife this morning ......... - big mistake ;)
"Oh, for God sake, don't be such a whimp, you gotta die of something etc.etc for about 10 minutes - the moral being,
a. never give advice when its not asked for
b. stay single :tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
I didn't see this - what was the general consensus? Or don't I need to ask?
Hopefully they will re-run as I want my missus to watch it. Not that she's 25 stone but she could do with losing a few.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well it was all about the crap food we eat making us fat and ill etc. BUt it was done in such a way as to 'disturb' fatties into action hopefully. Maybe Ch4 will add it onto the iplayer.

He had a doc cut up a corpse of a 25 stone bloke who 'ate himself to death'....took a look inside at the heart, lungs etc...scary stuff.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I thought the bit where they measured the fitness of 3 of them ... and that it was the youngest, slimest that was doing fairly bad was interesting - They then did a MRI scan and showed that although thin he was carrying quite a bit of fat, and that one man who had been classed obese was a lot fitter than him and when scanned turned out he was carrying quite a bit of muscle... They then missed pointing out that BMI doesn't work so well for those with muscle but it was interesting to see it shown in a scan.

Wolvesandy

Did Jamie Oliver do the dissection or was it a weird looking german bloke in a hat?
Channel 4 did anatomy for beginners not so long back with him in it and it was very interesting but gruesome.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It was the wierd German bloke ... but they didn't show much dissection

domtyler

Über Member
Is this the Jamie Oliver we're talking about?

JO0.jpg

JO1.jpg

JO2.jpg

JO3.jpg

JO4.jpg

JO5.jpg

JO6.jpg

JO7.jpg

JO8.jpg

JO9.jpg

JO10.jpg

JO11.jpg

JO12.jpg

JO13.jpg

Jaded

The fat cadavers were more of a struggle than the thin ones. The muscular ones were best, like ours.

The fat ones just had this sort of thick yellow custard stuff that you had to get through to see anything.

Abitrary

I don't think that cutting people up does a lot, because humans go onto red alert the minute they know it's coming, and don't therefore ultimately differentiate between gammy and non-gammy stuff.

Top Bottom