Jane Horrocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

simon l& and a half said:
Arbitrary - were you one of those young men who had a thing for Prunella Scales? Apparently she received an awful lot of fan mail of a faintly oedipal nature...

She was alright.

Janes Horrocks is nice though... especially when she was screwed up in Life Is Sweet.

I hope that the matriarchal uberwife that Tesco's marketing is planning for her doesn't carry over into real life though. I feel sorry for her eventual screen son-in-law.

U

User482

Kirstie said:
She's from Hawkshaw, Lancs (between Ramsbottom and Bolton). When I hear her talk it reminds me of home...:biggrin:

Actually, I think she's from Rawtenstall.

U

User482

Kirstie said:
Oh right - well her mum now lives in Hawkshaw because she did on that genealogy programme on the Beeb and she met a family member in the Red Lion pub there, 'Who do you think you are' is it?

Yeah I saw that - nice pint of Jennings in the Red Lion (or there was when I was last in there about 8 years ago). Speaking of pubs, I was in the Shoulder recently - really good ale and a decent lunch too. Hare & Hounds has brilliant beer as ever but the same miserable git still running it (he's from Yorkshire, he can't help it).

I just looked it up - Jane Horrocks was born in Rawtenstall - and I think you can hear it in her accent. Funny how there are subtle differences in the Lancashire accents in the different towns!

User482 said:
Yeah I saw that - nice pint of Jennings in the Red Lion (or there was when I was last in there about 8 years ago). Speaking of pubs, I was in the Shoulder recently - really good ale and a decent lunch too. Hare & Hounds has brilliant beer as ever but the same miserable git still running it (he's from Yorkshire, he can't help it).

I just looked it up - Jane Horrocks was born in Rawtenstall - and I think you can hear it in her accent. Funny how there are subtle differences in the Lancashire accents in the different towns!

Yeah you can here the Rossendale in it definitely. I used to work at Airtours in Helmshore as my summer job for years so I know that accent anywhere! I wasn't at home for very long over Christmas so didn't get the chance to go in the Hare or the Shoulder, but it's good to hear the Shoulder is improving. My parents say that the shoulder has gone downhill of late so that's good news.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Well so much for her roots, she lives in Clapham, Sarf London now.

T x

Dave5N

Über Member
laurence said:
who, Prunella or Jane?

(i know Prunella does so it would be a tad creepy if Jane did too - especially if they go shopping together)

If you was them you'd just have to, wouldn't ya? For the laugh freaking everyone in Tescos out looking for the cameras.

Top Bottom