1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jane Horrocks

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Abitrary, 9 Jan 2008.

1. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Jane Horrocks is starting to sound a bit mumsy in the Tesco TV ad voiceovers these days.

I reckon she's being groomed to replace Prunella Scales in the top job.

2. A bit mumsy? Has she got big: Horrocks?

3. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

she's starting to sound like Prunella Scales

A tesco's dynasty foments...

4. prunella scales has quite a posh voice

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

But, aren't they mother and daughter in the ads, and don't they both have sort of posh yorkshire accents?

6. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

After what you were saying about corporate clothing yesterday, I'm surprised to see you give free advertising by printing the name of a large capitalist venture. Have they got you on a retainer or do you get first choice of the expired sell by date products?
    Come on Abitrary, what are you up to, there is a lack of consistency here.

7. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I'm not promoting them - i'm just curious about their insidious advertising techniques

When was the last time you saw an advertising family dynasty? Don't say the OXO family, because the latest one is just an updated version and not related by blood to the last one

8. The Osmonds / The Jackass Five..?

9. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

So Jane Horrocks has been practicing her Scales?

T x

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Not fictional, and don't think they were synonymous with a particular product

11. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Just mentioning the name is enough.:wacko:

12. Yes - sorry, I agree...didn't read your post carefully enough last night - thinking about gravy too much!;)

13. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

YORKSHIRE? jane horrocks is from the rochdale area, or was.quite like the way she pronounces tesco, just like we do:biggrin:

14. She's from Hawkshaw, Lancs (between Ramsbottom and Bolton). When I hear her talk it reminds me of home...;)

15. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

knew it was somewhere round there, though i don't think her accent is as strong as it used to be.