Janet Street Porter mouthing off...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
She has an opinion, so what?

We may not agree with it, but we're never going to get unconditional love from everybody.

Jimidh

Veteran
What a lot on nonsense - she's spouting that roads are also for cars, lorries buses and taxis with a back drop of - cars , lorries, buses and taxis!!

I was actually amazed when I saw her at work!

We were at the recording of a pilot comedy show, and she was a guest and had appeared wearing a "T Shirt dress"

A young lad (Obviously an apprentice) approached her with a microphone and battery pack... obviously with no idea how he was going to fit it

She was brilliant, took the young lad aside to some seats and explained how to deal with such problems and throughout the session she kept an eye on him, giving him tips and reminders

I had always though ther arrogant, but the way she dealt,encouraged and mentored that apprentice was brilliant to see

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I live in London and worked in central London quite alot until the congestion zone was introduced many years ago . I've refused every job that takes me into or through that zone since .
20 years ago if i wanted to go into London i took the tube , the only time i went in by car was maybe at night and the car would be something special like a hot rod or a yank beast . There was no other reason to bother with the hassle of driving in London back then .
I think in the last ten years the only way i have gone into London has been by boat or bike . In fact Twickenham and Kingston are boat or bike as i don't have to hunt for a parking space and Hounslow is bike .

Are these cycle superhighways actually proper cycle highways? Some cycle paths I have come across tend to be interrupted by junctions, bus stops and other stuff. Essentially they are pavements where your allowed to cycle which is a bit of nuisance.
Do they have sufficient room to cycle at 18+mph and free from peds?

And WTH is a "street porter" anyway?

Guyincognito76

Are these cycle superhighways actually proper cycle highways? Some cycle paths I have come across tend to be interrupted by junctions, bus stops and other stuff. Essentially they are pavements where your allowed to cycle which is a bit of nuisance.
Do they have sufficient room to cycle at 18+mph and free from peds?

And WTH is a "street porter" anyway?

They seem to be proper cycling highways where you can ride at speed, Oxford Road in Manchester appears to be the same.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Im not sure if thats her personal views/opinions or someone at the BBC handing her a script and told her to read it on camera to rile up the cycling community for a 'thought-provoking' debate but she can f**k right off with those views. The last bicycle she ever rode was probably the one her dad gave her when she was 5 years old....

Speaking of first bikes... My dad bought me a Raleigh BMX as my first bike from Toys R' Us :smile: I can still remember me having a right whinge when he took the stabilizers off, I thought he wanted to kill me :smile:

Top Bottom