January ride for fish n chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Yeah Iain it needs a few tweeks. I'll do it this weekend and put up a proper suggested route.

As for Garmin use, create the data as a course rather than a dooberry (whatever you're creating it as now) as the course has more scope for points. Although slightly more awkward as a reverse route on a course doesn't work so well and it's generally better to actually create a reverse route as well.

As much as I love my Garmin it doesn't half have a pack of shitty bugs.

EDIT: I think something about the course point limit is on a help page on bikeroutetoaster

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
as you know I already have the route from Dartford to Southend (and back) so just really need to sort out London end.

redjedi

Über Member
I've got the GPS data from the FNRttC and return from September if you need it.

Although you were there so you probably have it already :tongue:

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
as you know I already have the route from Dartford to Southend (and back) so just really need to sort out London end.

I don't think we can sort out the London end on the North side of the river to Dartford as it's built up industrial road hell. Which was why I was thinking heading further North for the fields and trees and singing hippies clapping along to ganga faeries.

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I've got the GPS data from the FNRttC and return from September if you need it.
Although you were there so you probably have it already :tongue:

LOL! That's the route I'm trying to avoid as it's not the most pleasant for a day time ride and crickey look where we ended up on the return. :biggrin:

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Maldon could be interesting, never been there, and about the same distance as Southend.

That's a rather good idea. Picturesque and kinda Essexy flat at the same time.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's a rather good idea. Picturesque and kinda Essexy flat at the same time.

Oh yes.. we like flat...
thumbsup.png

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1280309"]
This ride is starting to get complicated when it has no need to imo.

Why head South over the river to Dartford only to head North back over the river when there are a load of roads that are perfectly fine for riding on in North London? Granted the Frnttc route does touch the A12 but it will be in the morning at the weekend so there should not be as much traffic as you may expect.
[/quote]

I'm happy to go any way although flat and essexy sounds fun (never really been to essex other than the one FNRttC I did to Southend). We hit the A12 on the way back from that and it was pretty hellish although it was towards lunchtime rather than first thing.

Top Bottom