1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez that was fast

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mondobongo, 19 Sep 2007.

1. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Had my first off on my road bike this morning, used to coming off mtb's were 99% of the time you know its coming not so on the roadie. One second was barreling along next am on the deck unclipped and the bike is a good six feet away could not believe how fast I went down. Was my own stupid fault for pushing it in the rain am off shopping for a new helmet now as my current one did not survive.

2. twowheelsgood

twowheelsgood Senior Member

Yep, when those skinny tyres let go, that's all folks!

3. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Ouch, I assume you are pretty much OK?

4. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

On the recent manchester- blackpool run I can recall thinking to myself 'theres a pothole in that puddle.....' next thing I know I was sliding down the road on my back, my front wheel having parted company with the bike (QR must have worked loose). It can be grim- be careful out there!

5. barq

barq Senior Member

Eeek! ;) I hope you are ok. More importantly, how's the bike?

6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

My most recent off on my roadie was down to v. bright sunlight and the meeting of a kerb and front wheel.... about 18mnths ago... hope you are OK and the bike too. ;)

7. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

a lesson for us all...glad ur ok

8. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Bike appears to be ok no major scratches or dings, no major damage to me either thanks, glad nothing was right behind me.