Jeezzzuss h Christ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are late...........................

:tongue:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I went up the Sears Tower earlier this year and stood on the sky deck (glass box on the side of the top floor) Don't think of myself being scared of heights but found myself gripping on to the edge of the main building when I walked out onto it. The guys climbing that mast without being tied on most of the time are nutters :wacko: . They must have a totally different mentality to the man in the street.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I must be one of a few who would love to do that then... absolutely love heights and the adrenaline rush that that sort of thing would give would be fantastic!

I've been on the glass floor at the top of the CN Tower in Toronto, my Wife wouldn't venture onto it... and a few people started moving away when I was in the centre of it jumping up and down... but that may have been more due to them thinking I was just some random nutter who liked to jump in public. :tongue:

zacklaws

Guru
The ending is missing, they had the wrong spanner. :whistle:

I thought they had the wrong light bulb, it was a bayonet fitting, not a screw in.

At least it gets you out in the fresh air.

Norm

Fantastic and thanks for posting that. I loved it and I've forwarded it to many friends.

Why the H&S concerns, though? It makes clear in the video that there is a compromise between stopping to hook on and the "perceived" safety of being hooked on. The engineer had the harness and the hook readily available, he was allowed to use his personal judgement to decide when to use them. The UK version would probably have required 3 H&S managers to climb with them, and 2 more to carry the site safety reports.

I was about to go to Sainsburys then I clicked the link

Now I have to wait for my legs to un-jellify (and if that isn't a word, it ought to be) before I can even think of pedaling

I'm fine on ladders up to normal heights, like to the top of a 3 storey house roof sort of thing but not that

Top Bottom