Jeezzzuss h Christ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mayniac

Fantastic and thanks for posting that. I loved it and I've forwarded it to many friends.

Why the H&S concerns, though? It makes clear in the video that there is a compromise between stopping to hook on and the "perceived" safety of being hooked on. The engineer had the harness and the hook readily available, he was allowed to use his personal judgement to decide when to use them. The UK version would probably have required 3 H&S managers to climb with them, and 2 more to carry the site safety reports.

Actually the original video was pulled as the climber was concerned about being blackballed in the industry and rightfully so. Personal judgement doesn't come into it. Practicable safe working procedures are well established in the industry; he's putting himself, his colleagues and his employers business at risk without good reason, just to save a few minutes.

I've been up a 300' mast and a few comms towers when working in the access industry. Anyone behaving with such scant regard for their own safety probably doesn't care much for anyone else's, and would find his P45 waiting for him if and when he got back to the van.

Yh but that's america, America lets people decide what they want to do.

zacklaws

Guru
I think its inbred into Americans over the years of working on tall buildings.

lewis_hine_phot_nyc_empire.jpg

Top Bottom