Jeff Beck, The Guitarist, Has passed away

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The tributes from his fellow guitarists say it all really .... he was held in such high regards by them.
1673546014317.png

One of the guitarists of rock music. Another gone to the great gig in the sky.

"One of greatest guitar players to emerge in rock - only Clapton and Hendrix can truly be said to have surpassed him for imagination, excitement, technique and sheer fuel..."

Quote taken from a book published in 1976. About as true as now as it was then.

'Cause We've Ended up Lovers' off Blow By Blow is genius Beck. Helps that Stevie Wonder wrote it and George Martin produced it of course, but no mistaking that amazing guitar sound.
What a legend.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Brilliant guitarist, but I wish I liked his stuff more. I liked his playing with The Yardbirds. There are some great clips of them on YouTube. When interviewed, he always reminded me of Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap. He was remarkably sound for a rock and roll star. I am sure it was not just his guitar playing that his musicians liked him so much.

Brilliant guitarist, but I wish I liked his stuff more. I liked his playing with The Yardbirds. There are some great clips of them on YouTube. When interviewed, he always reminded me of Nigel Tufnel from Spinal Tap. He was remarkably sound for a rock and roll star. I am sure it was not just his guitar playing that his musicians liked him so much.

Yes, it was his sound for me, very distinctive, a bit like Mike Oldfield, you know who it is. All lot of other 'greats', Clapton, Richards etc i struggle a bit with tbh.
The RIP's from his fellow guitarists were quite touching ... you can see what he meant to them.

Top Bottom