Jeff from Wigan says Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JeffG68

Hello everyone, my name is Jeff and I live in Wigan. I'm 47 and have been cycling for about 4 years. I started cycling as a means to lose some weight having been referred to a local Get Active scheme by my GP. I enjoyed cycling with the beginners group and soon bought my own bike. I started to go out more on my and eventually found the group wasn't pushing me enough. I did a few sportives, but never really took it too seriously and I wasn't really losing weight. Late last year I signed up to do London to Paris 4 day challenge for Mind, which gave me the incentive to take the cycling a bit further. Rather than putting the bike away for the winter, I carried on riding, steadily increasing the length of my rides from 20, 30, 40 miles over the winter. I also signed up for a few more sportives which I would use as training for my London to Paris. By doing these events and ramping up my own miles to 50, 60, 70 miles I am now ready for my London to Paris ride which will start on September 10th 2015. The other benefit of all this training and having a more healthy diet is I did manged to lose around 5 stone in weight! The challenge is to keep going after London to Paris and keep the weight off.

Hi Jeff, welcome aboard.

Great result on the weight loss - bet you feel much better for it.

davdandy

Hello Jeff and nice to see your rides coming along.Just a pity your from the land of pies,but on the plus side you can always move.^_^

Hello everyone, my name is Jeff and I live in Wigan. I'm 47 and have been cycling for about 4 years. I started cycling as a means to lose some weight having been referred to a local Get Active scheme by my GP. I enjoyed cycling with the beginners group and soon bought my own bike. I started to go out more on my and eventually found the group wasn't pushing me enough. I did a few sportives, but never really took it too seriously and I wasn't really losing weight. Late last year I signed up to do London to Paris 4 day challenge for Mind, which gave me the incentive to take the cycling a bit further. Rather than putting the bike away for the winter, I carried on riding, steadily increasing the length of my rides from 20, 30, 40 miles over the winter. I also signed up for a few more sportives which I would use as training for my London to Paris. By doing these events and ramping up my own miles to 50, 60, 70 miles I am now ready for my London to Paris ride which will start on September 10th 2015. The other benefit of all this training and having a more healthy diet is I did manged to lose around 5 stone in weight! The challenge is to keep going after London to Paris and keep the weight off.
Welcome to CC

john59

Guru
Welcome! :bicycle:

Top Bottom