Jens the machine.

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Strathlubnaig, 21 Aug 2012.

1. Strathlubnaig

Strathlubnaig Veteran

See Jens Voigt is signing on with RSN for another year, 41 yrs old, what a machine, what an inspiration.

david k likes this.
  2. raindog

raindog er.....

"Shut up legs!" Jens has that plastered all over his bike. Love Jens. Everyone does. ^_^

voigt fork.jpg

Flying_Monkey and Strathlubnaig like this.
  3. jdtate101

jdtate101 Ex-Fatman

That man's a true warrior of the sport, always dishing out the pain at the front and a great ambassador for the sport. It will be a sad day when he calls it quits.

Strathlubnaig likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Strathlubnaig

Strathlubnaig Veteran

5. Buddfox

Buddfox Über Member

The Jens Voigt Soundboard app is highly entertaining, have it on iPhone. Always a good source of motivation!

6. Jens is awesome. i met him back in the Prutour days when he was with Gan. he had the purple jersey and was just hanging out before the stage start... i didn't know who he was, but checked my start list and said hello and congratulated him. i then asked if he hoped to keep the jersey and he looked down at it, thought for a second and replied "yes, i like the colour, it suits me, don't you think?"

long live Jensie

Dayvo, Speicher and Flying_Monkey like this.
  7. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Gan was one of the first teams I really followed in cycling, actually from before they were Gan, back when they were one of the variants of Z.

8. OP
    OP
    Strathlubnaig

Strathlubnaig Veteran

And the day after BMC boss called RSN riders a bunch of women, the Jensie makes his reply by soloing to a near 3 minute stage win in Colorado. Nice one.

Scoosh likes this.
  9. thom

thom ____

I think this is his first win this year, meaning he has a win for every year of his pro career.
    Chapeau Jens ;-)
    Edit.... apart from last year it seems.
    Ah well...

10. Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster Über Member

Wonder how the world would feel about a Jensie tell all memoir, hopefully charting drug free early years, through the doping years, and even more hopefully, back out the other side. Very few riders could command enough attention and respect to be able to speak about such things.

Millar's book is breathtaking, but, if Jens is clean now, the story of a 40+ year old body succeeding in a sport that his 30 year old body needed drugs to stay competitive in... well it would do cycling a world of good.

[If you don't believe that he ever used any drugs, then fine. Consider yourself right and refrain from comment. This hypothetical question only works as it is]

11. raindog

raindog er.....

I wouldn't enjoy that much. I'd just like him to tell us about his bike racing - and I reckon he will one day.
    Wonder if he'd call the book "Shut Up Legs"? ^_^

12. Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster Über Member

Really? I think there would be beauty in it. Having to do as everyone did, simply to stay competitive, then a eureka moment as he watches the percentage of drug users fall. If he's clean at 40+ in a sport that he had to dope at 30+, that's a fabulous message for any young riders getting into the sport, if it's told the right way.

13. Zakalwe

Zakalwe Well-Known Member

I'm sure Jens has a lot more to offer than yet another view of the doping that threatens to kill the sport. The man's had a 20+ year career and he's a bona fide raconteur, I'd hate to read a "journey" through the cyclings dark days. The guy is my hero and my man crush, I want to read how goddamn awesome he is.

laurence likes this.
  14. squiggle

squiggle Member

Jens: "I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?" :thumbsup:

15. Buddfox

Buddfox Über Member

Well as has been remarked elsewhere, Jens's rear cassette is 11-11-11-11-11-11-11-11-12..!

Scoosh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice