Jens the machine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
"Shut up legs!" Jens has that plastered all over his bike. Love Jens. Everyone does. ^_^

voigt fork.jpg

Buddfox

Veteran
The Jens Voigt Soundboard app is highly entertaining, have it on iPhone. Always a good source of motivation!

Jens is awesome. i met him back in the Prutour days when he was with Gan. he had the purple jersey and was just hanging out before the stage start... i didn't know who he was, but checked my start list and said hello and congratulated him. i then asked if he hoped to keep the jersey and he looked down at it, thought for a second and replied "yes, i like the colour, it suits me, don't you think?"

long live Jensie

OP
OP
Strathlubnaig
And the day after BMC boss called RSN riders a bunch of women, the Jensie makes his reply by soloing to a near 3 minute stage win in Colorado. Nice one.

thom

____
I think this is his first win this year, meaning he has a win for every year of his pro career.
Chapeau Jens ;-)
Edit.... apart from last year it seems.
Ah well...

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Wonder how the world would feel about a Jensie tell all memoir, hopefully charting drug free early years, through the doping years, and even more hopefully, back out the other side. Very few riders could command enough attention and respect to be able to speak about such things.

Millar's book is breathtaking, but, if Jens is clean now, the story of a 40+ year old body succeeding in a sport that his 30 year old body needed drugs to stay competitive in... well it would do cycling a world of good.

[If you don't believe that he ever used any drugs, then fine. Consider yourself right and refrain from comment. This hypothetical question only works as it is]

raindog

er.....
Wonder how the world would feel about a Jensie tell all memoir, hopefully charting drug free early years, through the doping years, and even more hopefully, back out the other side.
I wouldn't enjoy that much. I'd just like him to tell us about his bike racing - and I reckon he will one day.
Wonder if he'd call the book "Shut Up Legs"? ^_^

Scruffmonster

Über Member
I wouldn't enjoy that much. I'd just like him to tell us about his bike racing - and I reckon he will one day.
Wonder if he'd call the book "Shut Up Legs"? ^_^

Really? I think there would be beauty in it. Having to do as everyone did, simply to stay competitive, then a eureka moment as he watches the percentage of drug users fall. If he's clean at 40+ in a sport that he had to dope at 30+, that's a fabulous message for any young riders getting into the sport, if it's told the right way.

Zakalwe

I'm sure Jens has a lot more to offer than yet another view of the doping that threatens to kill the sport. The man's had a 20+ year career and he's a bona fide raconteur, I'd hate to read a "journey" through the cyclings dark days. The guy is my hero and my man crush, I want to read how goddamn awesome he is.

Top Bottom