Jeremy Vine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"right of way"
No-one has this. You have priority, or not. They are not the same thing.
Right of way, AIUI, means, for example, " you have the right to use this road/track/pathway/whatever.

D

Deleted member 26715

Unless you, or anyone else posting on here, including me, was there, then, none of us know anymore than we have seen in the video. Personally, I would have not been happy with that HGV being that close to me (either cycling or walking). The driver may have THOUGHT he/she was showing caution, IMHO, he/she was not. That does not men I wish to see him/her sacked, hung-drawn-and-quartered, or, whatever, but, to me, it is unacceptable behaviour when in charge of a motor vehicle, particularly an HGV. I agree the behaviour of the cyclists is questionable, but, that is not the point.
IMHO there was no THOUGHT about it, he/she/they were showing caution.

Alex321

Veteran
Given the oncoming and park vehicles outside of the LGV, it's an interesting contrast to the other video of the cyclists on the country road, where people were criticising the driver of a car that clipped a white line, potentially to avoid a pot hole and now people are saying the LGV should have done precisely that.

He didn't just "clip" the white line, he crossed it. And he was traveling MUCH faster than the LGV, in the opposite direction to the cyclists - and the LGV did not clip the white line either, though he did get very close to it.

Very different situation IMO.

C R

Guru
1654598946439.png

presta

Guru
Indeed, this video has done no good at all.

Vine blocked me for pointing out that he keeps shooting himself (and cyclists generally) in the foot with some of his videos.

One such case was a video making a perfectly valid point about an MGIF van pushing past when there wasn't room, but then the end of the footage showed Vine passing a No Entry sign, and riding the wrong way up a one way street. The motorists had a field day with that one.

icowden

Veteran
One such case was a video making a perfectly valid point about an MGIF van pushing past when there wasn't room, but then the end of the footage showed Vine passing a No Entry sign, and riding the wrong way up a one way street. The motorists had a field day with that one.
I haven't seen the video, but is it possible that the street is actually one of the many one way streets in London that has a badly marked cycle lane (usually under parked cars) going against the traffic?

Reactions: mjr

keithmac

Guru
Shouldn't have been two abreast given how bad their cycling/ balance was imho.

They has an entire lane to themselves yet nearly ended up in the next one.

Doesn't do cyclists any favours and I hope the Lorry Driver doesn't come worse off for it.

Top Bottom