jet wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
is it ok to use the garage jet wash on a bike? if so what bits do i need to oil after?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No.

Bucket of soapy water and a sponge is all that's needed, put a bit of Mr Sheen on the paintwork or baby wipe it after its dry and next time you clean it the muck will just drop off it, don't forget to pop some lube back on the chain and down the cables to dispel any water.........I normally put some light oil on the front and rear mechs springs to help keep them from seizing every now and again.

Seams ok for the british sky team to use on there Pina"s ....

Just keep the jet away from the wheel bearings/ bottom bracket/ head set...

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Babywipes only, and must be done in the living room, can't have the poor thing out in the cold...

Seriously, I use a Karcher jetwash at home, nothing like the pressure of the supermarket fixed kit, but it's only used at a distance to spray the worst mud off after really mucky rides. Otherwise sponge and car shampoo....then babywipes^_^

OP
OP
s7ephanie

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
thanks for replies xxx Blossom will have to stay dirty till spring !!! far too cold outside and not much room inside, besides she'll only get dirty again in this weather:wahhey:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Bucket of water and a brush, or at most hosepipe.

As others have said, jet washing a bike is quite likely to get water, and possibly grit, past the seals into the important bits. Dirt on the outside of a bike does little harm, dirt / water inside bearings is bad.
Tricky area is the chain and gears where you'd ideally like the dirt and grit off, but still don't want to blast shyte into the areas it hasn't manged to get to yet.

Top Bottom