jet wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Jet wash every time here.

400bhp

Guru
TBF jet wash should be fine, so long as the gun is a fair way from the bike and the hose is set to a wide arc.

But then you have to ask why bother with it in the first place? Just a waste of power and effort getting the jet wash out.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Jet wash is OK, as FF writes, on a bike that's going to be stripped ad rebuilt almost daily. It's not OK on your or my bike.

Get a soft, long-bristled hand floor brush and use that with a bucket of hot water with car shampoo, then rinse gently with a hose set on sprinkle. Then dry the chain, clean the brake blocks and rims and every month or so, take the brake blocks out and pick out embedded grit then de-glaze on some sandpaper.

Didn't know about the baby wipes!! Is this bike abuse? :cry:
Only if you don't adopt the procedure from this day forth ;)

screenman

Legendary Member
TBF jet wash should be fine, so long as the gun is a fair way from the bike and the hose is set to a wide arc.

But then you have to ask why bother with it in the first place? Just a waste of power and effort getting the jet wash out.

Jet wash is out all the time, I also find it quicker and easier than a bucket and brush. Remembering I live in a very rural, filthy muddy area, when I lived in Twickenham the bike never got any where near as dirty. In those times a bucket and hosepipe sufficed.

Top Bottom