Job's - Current Situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A lot of companies will also be realising the savings that can be made from not having and servicing a lot of m2 of expensive property.....
The other side of the medal is when companies are locked in leasing contracts for years to come and that's why a lot of them are pushing for the return to the office.

One of the companies I worked for in the past had a lease contract of 16 million quid a year, just to rent the space so cleaning/canteen/maintenance contracts excluded.

The company I left in favour of my current remote job are renting in the same area a building that is at least twice the size, and I've heard rumors that 10 years ago or so they signed a 20 year lease agreement.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The other side of the medal is when companies are locked in leasing contracts for years to come and that's why a lot of them are pushing for the return to the office.

One of the companies I worked for in the past had a lease contract of 16 million quid a year, just to rent the space so cleaning/canteen/maintenance contracts excluded.

The company I left in favour of my current remote job are renting in the same area a building that is at least twice the size, and I've heard rumors that 10 years ago or so they signed a 20 year lease agreement.
Good point.
But, there are also saving in terms of utilities particularly electricity and cleaners etc. if you mothball space and just have essential workers in a smaller space, occupy and use 1 floor instead of several for example.

gbb

Legendary Member
Two guys in the wrong job (in our opinion ) posted here for want of anywhere else,maybe not relevant but..
Awaiting delivery of a new washing machine, delivery agents phoned, we will be there in 20 min.
1 hour later, my wife rang them...
Wife...Are you still on the way?
Yes but we can't find you, we ended up in blah blah.
WIFE...Thats the next street, go back to the traffic lights,turn right.

15minutes later they ring back.
We're in blah blah, still can't find you.
WIFE...You've gone the wrong way, comeback to the TLs, turn right.
Can you come out to us and tell us where we need to be ?
Wife...No, I've got children here, go back to the lights etc etc.

5 minutes later, they ring back
We're at a church , it says we're at the right place.
Wife...you're nearly there, keep going etc etc
Cant you come out and see us in ?
Wife...No.

They duly arrive and seem mildly upset we live off the road and they had to bring it 20 yards up and path. Once in, one furtively folds one of the documents over and ask her to sign, she sees this and unfold the paper, to read its a waiver, we accept we will unpack and dispose of the packing, she duly refuses, he moans his partner has now gone back to the van/lorry...can you help me lift it so I can get the packing off ?
Wife...no :laugh: I've got a bad back.

Absolutely useless,no effort, no idea and the topper ?...
He said, I need to take a photo .
Wife...no problem.

He turns around....and took a photo of our cooker :eek::rofl:

Wife phoned the original supplier / manufacturer shortly after and complained, got £50 off and an apology .
Hopefully they won't use that courier again.

Slick

Guru
Two guys in the wrong job (in our opinion ) posted here for want of anywhere else,maybe not relevant but..
Awaiting delivery of a new washing machine, delivery agents phoned, we will be there in 20 min.
1 hour later, my wife rang them...
Wife...Are you still on the way?
Yes but we can't find you, we ended up in blah blah.
WIFE...Thats the next street, go back to the traffic lights,turn right.

15minutes later they ring back.
We're in blah blah, still can't find you.
WIFE...You've gone the wrong way, comeback to the TLs, turn right.
Can you come out to us and tell us where we need to be ?
Wife...No, I've got children here, go back to the lights etc etc.

5 minutes later, they ring back
We're at a church , it says we're at the right place.
Wife...you're nearly there, keep going etc etc
Cant you come out and see us in ?
Wife...No.

They duly arrive and seem mildly upset we live off the road and they had to bring it 20 yards up and path. Once in, one furtively folds one of the documents over and ask her to sign, she sees this and unfold the paper, to read its a waiver, we accept we will unpack and dispose of the packing, she duly refuses, he moans his partner has now gone back to the van/lorry...can you help me lift it so I can get the packing off ?
Wife...no :laugh: I've got a bad back.

Absolutely useless,no effort, no idea and the topper ?...
He said, I need to take a photo .
Wife...no problem.

He turns around....and took a photo of our cooker :eek::rofl:

Wife phoned the original supplier / manufacturer shortly after and complained, got £50 off and an apology .
Hopefully they won't use that courier again.
Absolutely disgraceful level of service. Definitely in the wrong job that guy.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom