Jobs you hate !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The wall in our kitchen, where the bay window is, is somewhat 'hard' and brittle. I suspect it's got solid concrete in the sides as it's a weight bearing wall. Any 'drilling' usually results in all the plaster crumbling off and the drill struggling to get much further than an inch into the wall. It's been a pig just to fit a hook for an ironing board.

Well, MrsF gets this old fashioned style clothes maiden - new, cost a few bob, but it's solid wood and cast iron - one of those that raise up and down on rope. Looks nice. Except the bay window ceiling is just MDF, so MrsF bought some expensive matching wall brackets (cast iron). Started drilling into said wall, what a bugger, then the plaster started coming off. Small drill bits followed by larger ones. An hour and a half later it's finally up. I suspect it may come loose from one wall at some point so I'll have to glue in the rawl plugs if that happens.

Anyway, my cycling kit is now drying on it. To make matters worse, the oven was on, the radiator under said window was on and sun was coming through the window - I nearly melted.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cleaning the gutters.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cleaning the gutters.
I know what you mean.
IMG_20171029_132340967.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hopefully, I can be more generalist...

DIY
Gardening
Shopping

The evil triumvirate that are a complete waste of life and are best sub-contracted wherever possible.

How anyone can possibly get pleasure from any of them is beyond me.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ironing. I burnt my forearm doing it once in the 1980's.
Haven't done any since. Dangerous task, that!!

Top Bottom